Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: Down and Dirty Dually

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,382

    Default Down and Dirty Dually

    Being on a rather tight budget these days, (wify’s birthday coming up..) I thought I would try a cheap ‘n ugly approach using odds-n-ends ‘n pieces of junk I have lying around the shop..
    Welcome to my Frankenstein build
    ____________________________________
    The diodes and lenses came in!! Thanks guys!
    lenses and diodes.JPG

    Hmm.. here’s some metalwork ..maybe this’ll do the trick..
    Blue dual beginnings 003.jpg
    Drill ‘em out..
    Blue dual beginnings 004.jpg
    Mount ‘em in..
    Blue dual beginnings 005.jpg
    Light em up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by steve-o; 04-13-2011 at 08:17. Reason: piccy malfunction

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    921

    Default

    I like your audiophile grade driver

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by logsquared View Post
    I like your audiophile grade driver
    Thanks. It's not real fast but at least it is analog

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,382

    Default

    Next ..

    OK, lenses. Hmm. Get the hacksaw out, fab a piece and mount them lenses.. lessee, what kind of glue do I have around here. Oh, this looks good. black speaker-cone glue. (since I'm going with the audiofile approach ..
    (hope I dont ruin the new lenses ) ..
    DSC00085.JPG

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    7,067

    Thumbs up

    Love, peace, and grease,

    allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,382

    Default

    Thanks Allthat. I was definitely trying to avoid seeing the dreaded "THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT .." smiley .

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,382

    Default

    OK. Time to test ..
    newpost.JPG

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,382

    Default

    Of course! Throw a roof prizm from an old pair of binoculars up there
    prizm3.JPG
    star.JPG

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    7,067

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    OK. Time to test ..
    newpost.JPG
    There is no fixing the "line"... that is what it comes out as... nasty fast axis. It is much more a beam show laser than a graphics laser; I know this will disappoint you.

    Here is the Kvant 445 at 50 feet.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,382

    Default

    I'm too slow. You got your post up there before I could edit in my last pic . .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •