Thread: Damn tooth broke !

Default Damn tooth broke !

Monday evening i was chewing on some nice dutch dried sausage.I took a bite and my hole corner tooth broke of. It was still in, but loose as hell! So yesterday i went to the dentist and he glued my teeth because he was nearly going on holiday and said: after my and your holiday (UKLEM) we will start working on it and make like a cap that's fitted to your root (which was still good as the x-ray proved). i asked if this would stay in, since i don't want to be in trouble as i go the UKLEM next week. No, it will be fine he said. Today at lunch the tooth broke off again ! Damn.. just what i needed, quickly called the dentist. Jumped on my motorbike and went to the Dentist. It was busy as hell @ work so it was double inconveniant to have it now. But today was the last day my own dentist was in so, went in. He looked and said"Ah now i know why it didn't stick. Your root broke in half, so it's not a stable base anymore. The tooth was lost and he had to take it out. Made a toot out of white filling and advised me to go to a fellow dentist. Since the root of the tooth broke, it needs to be taken out and replaced by a futuristic robo cop style pin (basically a threaded rod), that will need to heal for 4 weeks and than a new porcelain tooth will be glued onto that. That stuff will set me back 2000 euro... there goes my lasermoneys ;-( Damn damn..... always when i just have some cash something stupid happens... why why,...... well just had to share (most of you have wifes and gfs to share this) i just needed to vent off some steam guys.... AAAAARGH.... Hopefully my very expensive insurance will pay some of the money back.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

DAAMNNNNN OUCH! that must have hurt

Let me guess, it was a frisian dry sausage Well if you have dentall +++ insurance then 80% will be covered by the insurance. Hopefully your new red can ease the pain Good luck and take care.

Moist British sausage would've been safer!

Get well soon!

Well...the dentist kinda fixed it, so thursday i have a take in to a collegue dentist he will explain what he is going to do the next couple of months.My dentist said it would be 2000 euro, which the insurance covers only 1800. I called my much too expensive insurance company saying i paid a lot of money last couple of years and that i was expecting more then the 200 a "regular" insurance would pay. They looked it up and up to 1400 is covered by them (yeah....that's why i paid all that money for !). So it will cost me 6-700 but not the complete amount so thats good. Only thing is they are going to screw something in my jaw bone, to fix this tooth too... a titanium screw like thingy.Anyway gonna be a man of steel just a little bit more then i guess...
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

DAMNNNNN really bad luck man.
    Take care!

Best regards,

Pieter

Dentists in Budapest have a whole industry fitting dental implants, and reputedly do a great job at a much lower price than most European dentists. Your insurance would probably cover the repair and the flights and hotel!

Cool

Sounds like he's planning to give you an implant. They're the most expensive option, but it will feel like a real tooth when it's all healed up, and it's the solution that is least-likely to give you problems down the road.

However, there is another option: It's called a bridge. It's less expensive, but it's also weaker and more prone to problems later on. Basically they grind down the sides of the two teeth on either side of the bad one, and then they install a "bridge" that spans the gap between them. It's anchored (glued) to the two teeth on either side.

You may want to ask your dentist about this option and see what he suggests. For sure it will be cheaper, but depending on where the problem area is in your mouth, it may not be an appropriate cure.

Adam