Thread: Booked on The Carnival Dream Sailing Aug 20th out of Canaveral

Default Booked on The Carnival Dream Sailing Aug 20th out of Canaveral

Just book a Cruise on the Carnival Dream 7 nights and the best part Nightly Laser shows over the Pool !!!

what is the price? I will be in august in america...
    I do think it's expensive.
    is there a some kind of laser meet
    i remember that on the carnival festival boat the ilda meet was once

Not that bad of a price for the cruise carnival.com the shipjust does laser shows nightly as part of the entertainment

Exclamation Oh no! You'll miss SELEM!

Aw man, how could you schedule a cruise during SELEM? August 20th is right smack-dab in the middle of SELEM. (It runs from August 19th through the 21st.) Was really hoping to see you again this year Shawn...

Re: lasers on ships... Carnival has a business partnership with LaserNet. They do lots of laser-related things on several of the Carnival ships. (That's also why they hosted the ILDA conference on a cruise ship in 2008 and 2010.)

Based on my personal experience, the nigh-time outdoor lido-deck laser shows are fairly lame, because with a 20 knot wind blowing across the deck there's no way to keep the fog contained, and even with a 5 watt RGB projector, if you don't have fog and you're outside, it looks lame. But the lasers they have indoors (in the theater where they do live performances) look pretty good.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Aw man, how could you schedule a cruise during SELEM? August 20th is right smack-dab in the middle of SELEM. (It runs from August 19th through the 21st.) Was really hoping to see you again this year Shawn...

Re: lasers on ships... Carnival has a business partnership with LaserNet. They do lots of laser-related things on several of the Carnival ships. (That's also why they hosted the ILDA conference on a cruise ship in 2008 and 2010.)

Based on my personal experience, the nigh-time outdoor lido-deck laser shows are fairly lame, because with a 20 knot wind blowing across the deck there's no way to keep the fog contained, and even with a 5 watt RGB projector, if you don't have fog and you're outside, it looks lame. But the lasers they have indoors (in the theater where they do live performances) look pretty good.

Adam
    Good call, and yes my choice is SELEM

Yes i know there is a HUGE conflictbut beleve me If i didnt do the cruise the would be a MUCH MUCH MUCH LARGER Battle and the reality of it is i could really really use the time gone with no cell phone computer etc... sitting on a tour bus while typing this.... this cruise is kinda a sanity intervention ...

Yeah, what's wrong with you Shawn -

Spending your vacation chillin' on a cruise ship, instead of running yourself ragged all weekend in SELEM, laser geeking with a bunch of (mostly) middle-aged dudes....
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Cool

Damnit Randy! Who's side are you on anyway?

First you bail out on SELEM, and now you're defending Shawn as he bails on us too?

GET A ROPE!

Adam