Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 90% of my work GONE! in Pangolin QS2

Well i've managed to get almost all that i lost back, i found a backup that wasn't corrupted on my laptop, but it was from 2 months ago.
    So i copied the missing frames from that workspace to this one and it is working fine again, but still lost some work.
    But some is better then all, right ?

Thanks all for the input and advice!

Cheers,

Default pen drive

maybe it time to get a pen drive and make extra back up to that every time you use qs
    until the problem is found
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Quote Originally Posted by Lassie View Post
    Thanks for the input, but when u restore a mac it won't restore the windows partition, i did use system restore in windows on both machines to an earlier point but it didnt work :-(
    Precisely why I use a VM..

Time machine does then restore a snapshot of where you were at that point in time, since your restoring a disk image as opposed to a partition.

I've recently been playing with VMWare fusion.. (Got given a copy).. does seem to work nicer than Virtualbox.. but I'm not sure if I'd pay for it.

Anyway, glad to hear you recovered!

Buy yourself a TB external disk, use a VM as opposed to bootcamp, your magic!

Cheers,

Nige.

VMWare Fusion works fine for me running all of Pangolin's software. I've not had an issue like that which you've described.

I use Trend Micro safesync to backup all important stuff, it auto syncs any new files and changed files to online storage, works really well for me, and supports mac and windows.Well worth the money IMHO

I saw this thread whilst I was away but couldn't post from my mobile as whilst the board allowed me to fill in the title, it wouldn't allow me to add any text in the reply box itself (admin?)

It seems to me that its very unlikely QS is responsible.

As backups are NOT automatic in QS there's no way QS could know where your backups have been manually stored and thus write anything corrupt to that location.

This sounds to be more like either a pc virus or a simple hard drive corruption.

I sympathise with you but like others I suggest you implement a non pc main hard drive based storage solution as a back up.

I hope you managed to recover your files.