Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power supply for blue laser 5.75V required (2A)

Default Power supply for blue laser 5.75V required (2A)

Hi, i have a 5 V powersupply that is 5% adjustable so it won't get up to 5.75 Volts as required to give my blue the juice it needs.
    I recently bought of ebay one that was supposed to be +/-15% adjustable but it turned out that it was the same 5% as usual.

Anyone who knows where to get a 5V or a 6V that is adjustable or a hint for modifying the psu that i have, there is a potentionmeter for adjusting the output voltage, i could solder it out, measure it and put in a larger or smaller one in ohms but if something is availlable that would be fine too.

Michel
    Utrecht
    Netherlands

I wonder if you got the same supply as I did. I am having similar problems with what I bought..Did yours come from Canada?

Check out the FlexMod P3.. Very inexpensive and more than enough juice to make you happy..

Quote Originally Posted by michelrietveld View Post
    Hi, i have a 5 V powersupply that is 5% adjustable so it won't get up to 5.75 Volts as required to give my blue the juice it needs.
    I recently bought of ebay one that was supposed to be +/-15% adjustable but it turned out that it was the same 5% as usual.

Anyone who knows where to get a 5V or a 6V that is adjustable or a hint for modifying the psu that i have, there is a potentionmeter for adjusting the output voltage, i could solder it out, measure it and put in a larger or smaller one in ohms but if something is availlable that would be fine too.

Michel
    Utrecht
    Netherlands

it is not the flexmod i need, i already have a driver, one which also powers the tec.
    my problem is that to allow this driver to work it needs more than 5V, exactly 5.75 to be precise, in orther to be able to output 1W.
    I have only +/-24V, 12V and 5V in my power supplies availlable so it turned up the 5V but it just doesn't go high enough.

For the current color balance it works fine, does aprox 750mw but if i want to increase it i am stuck.

i could try to find a different power supply
    modificate the current one (change pot. meter)
    look for a dc-dc converter to lower the 12 to 6 or so but this would be loss of 50% of voltage to be turned into heat and i kind of like to avoid this.

Michel

Here's one*

*Some disassembly required

Nice idea, but since Michael is also running a TEC then 2AMPS is really a bit low to drive a 1W Blue AND a tec.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LT1084-circuits.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	25645

may i suggest the LT 1083 CP integrated circuit? really easy to wire, lots of headroom for uping the amps and you can make your own dc / dc converter. just replace the 365 Ohm resistor with a 1k trim pot and you are set

the 1083 is a bit of a monster, it can handle up to 7,5 amps. you will only need 1-1,2 amps, so it will require a much smaller heatsink. or you can go for the 1084 (5 amps)

the pinout is exactly the same as the "industry standard" lm 317. and it is packaged in plastic, so you don't have to isolate it from the heatsink and the chasis etc
    "its called character briggs..."

thanks, was also investigating this in another post so yes this is probably the best aproach.

Michel

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Since you're in the Netherlands, you might want to talk with Edison because apparently the 1 watt blues he was selling about a year ago required 5.7 volts as well to actually produce full power. He doesn't have them (or didn't recently) but, may know where to find them. He had an eBay source I think.

our 1W 445 blue laser use the 5.8V power supply. Maybe you could ask the seller on the ebay.
    Professional manufacuter for high quality diode-pumped solid-stated laser. www.lasever.com,

Jolie, could you post the link of the ebay seller from the powersupply? Or send me a PM with the link or the cost of the powersupply you have?

Thanks!!!