Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ever feel like your loosing?

Quote Originally Posted by kitatit View Post
    Yeah I did that one on my iPad. The smileys on the side don't show up either. Also after I sent it, I edited it to delete a couple of mutant "spell checked" words and it wouldn't let me save the changes. It could be me though, I don't exactly have a black belt inNavigating forums.
    Nah, not you. I've raised this with Admin. Seems a bug relating to the new in-thread edit. The workaround for editing is to click edit post again which navigates to the standard edit post which works as before (except no newlines on iOS devices it seems).

Sorry for the thread hijack. All the best Wayne - you're a legend, don't forget that

It's available in many forms, including both counseling and drug therapy
    Sorry, I'd read that as 'counseling and/or drug therapy'. If it is assumed that drug therapy is used in all cases then I can see how it will address a chemical imbalance.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Hey Kit;

Thanks for sharing your story. And yeah, it sounds very familiar! Depression is a funny thing... You can appear to have the world by the ass and still not feel right. I think that might be where some of the social stigma came from. Your line about "suck it up, princess" is perfect. Many people actually say that to themselves! But there comes a point where no amount of positive thinking (or positive life events) can break the cycle.

Even understanding that it's a chemical imbalance isn't enough. On the one hand, you can rationalize that everything really is OK, and that it's just a chemical problem that's making you feel bad, but on the other hand, you still can't shake that bad feeling. And over time, that bad feeling will wear you right down until you've got nothing left to live for.

I firmly believe that my father understood what was happening to him. He had been receiving treatment for chronic depression for almost a decade. But he also had a bad habit of modifying his own medication as he saw fit. If he felt good, he wouldn't take his medicine that day. And of course, that prevented his brain from fully recovering. In the end, he didn't have enough will to keep fighting. Fuck.

Norty;

Just to clarify: If it's caught early enough, in some cases mild depression can be completely cured without chemical intervention. But severe or chronic cases will never be reversed by counseling alone, because of the large chemical imbalance in the brain. (Once the brain gets used to not receiving dopamine, you could win the lottery and have wild sex with the girl of your dreams and still be in a funk...)

So while drugs may not be used in "all" cases, they are definitely used in all severe cases. (They are frequently used in moderate cases as well, simply because as a whole, psychiatrists are not very good at estimating the severity of one's depression, and guessing wrong carries a pretty steep penalty, both for the patient and his or her family.)

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 06-30-2011 at 07:32.

Quote Originally Posted by kitatit View Post
    Good luck with the interview Wayne. Sounds like a good plan. Sending you some success and happiness vibes.Kit
    Thanks. I am on some loopy medication now, I feel like a zomby but much calmer. Last night I awoke eveyr hour, not sure if thats work stress of the Champix anti-smoking medication. Someone did mention violence issues related to Champix here no?
    Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Nah, not you. I've raised this with Admin. Seems a bug relating to the new in-thread edit. The workaround for editing is to click edit post again which navigates to the standard edit post which works as before (except no newlines on iOS devices it seems).

Sorry for the thread hijack. All the best Wayne - you're a legend, don't forget that
    Hardly a legend, just a human, with all the flaws that go with it. Thanks for the well wishes.

I took the day off today to try and find my mojo. Heading away to see an old friend and get out of the rat race.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Hardly a legend, just a human, with all the flaws that go with it.
    so humble... but i guess that's the deal with legends

hang in there mate. and keep talking!! don't keep anything inside
    "its called character briggs..."

I found out that I have a cerebral allergy to aluminum (the kind that they put in anti-persperants) . The minute that I switched to old spice original (no aluminum) my depression immediately dissappeared. It was a chemical problem, just not one that my Dr. (or counselors) were aware of. There also was a study done a few years ago linking that aluminum to Alzheimer's disease. Nasty stuff.

wtf??? oh crap.....

it seems that you need to have a phd in at least half a dozen of sciences in order to stay alive and healthy nowadays!!!
    "its called character briggs..."

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Last night I awoke eveyr hour, not sure if thats work stress of the Champix anti-smoking medication.
    Probably just the Champax. Iv never tried it, and just used patches in the past, but mates have told of bizzare dreams and shit..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Default Only natural

Take these two and call me in the morning.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GW433-300x244.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	25787
    " MANUFACTURER OF HIGH QUALITY MICRO LASER COMPONENTS" !!
    http://www.microlaserlabs.com/

oh one more thing , this will start your day off right.

'' Fight back , dont give in '' !!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF9mpcYoGls
    " MANUFACTURER OF HIGH QUALITY MICRO LASER COMPONENTS" !!
    http://www.microlaserlabs.com/