Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dear God in Heaven

they are great... see the little tab between the toggle and the switch? it loks into place on either side or in the V on the switch... so to switch it you have to pull the toggle and toggle it... when you let go it locks itself again

dont see how it would affect your variance, you should be using a beam-stop anyway

Not sure why you're having such a hard time re-orientating the images.
    In Pangolin LivePro/Quickshow, just go to the zone geometric settings, select the size adjustment and drag whichever axis you need to its equivalent negative value. This will flip the axis.
    Although, I think there is a more general axis flip option (tick boxes) in the Master Size tab in Projector settings.

Shame your case is one of the prototypes, the final versions had X/Y axis switches fitted (ar at least mine does)
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Norty... you, my friend, are THE man. Stroke of genious and worked like a charm. :-)

I happily played "Recipe for Love" for 130 people this evening, made up of 22 brides and their families that have booked their weddings at my hall and, it created the buzz I hoped for to incorporate it into their receptions. Many thanks!

~Brad

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Not sure why you're having such a hard time re-orientating the images.
    In Pangolin LivePro/Quickshow, just go to the zone geometric settings, select the size adjustment and drag whichever axis you need to its equivalent negative value. This will flip the axis.
    Although, I think there is a more general axis flip option (tick boxes) in the Master Size tab in Projector settings.

Shame your case is one of the prototypes, the final versions had X/Y axis switches fitted (ar at least mine does)

Default D'oh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Can I PLEASE just hook up a projector and not have to go through the BS of the initial image being upside down, reversed to a mirror image or some such screwed up orientation!!! Never consistent. And Pangolin seems to have every bell and whistle for re-orientation except the one I always need. Grrr......

Sorry... had to vent.
    OK, I have my own embarrassing story to add...

Awhile back, cfavreau gave me an old projector housing together with a vintage set of 12K scanners.
    I mounted a laser pointer and drove the system with a modified soundcard, only to find that the X axis
    was flipped. I figured it was just a wiring issue and I had a print of the scanner boards, but no info
    on the wiring. I decided to pull the boards and ring everything out and document it in case a wire came
    loose. In the middle of the project, it finally hit me that the X mirror gets REFLECTED off the Y mirror
    before it hits the wall... D'oh!!! The circuits were identical.

The scanner inputs were single-ended, so I thought about flipping some wires leading to the scan motor,
    but I chickened out for fear of blowing something up since the boards have some obsolete parts. Most
    software can do the flip, but I still wanted X & Y to be the same out of the chute. Anyway, I ended up
    adding in a simple difference amp buffer fed from a DPDT switch to both axis.

Dean