Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear God in Heaven

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default Dear God in Heaven

Can I PLEASE just hook up a projector and not have to go through the BS of the initial image being upside down, reversed to a mirror image or some such screwed up orientation!!! Never consistent. And Pangolin seems to have every bell and whistle for re-orientation except the one I always need. Grrr......

Sorry... had to vent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Can I PLEASE just hook up a projector and not have to go through the BS of the initial image being upside down, reversed to a mirror image or some such screwed up orientation!!! Never consistent. And Pangolin seems to have every bell and whistle for re-orientation except the one I always need. Grrr......

Sorry... had to vent.
    Ha! Hang in there man... Hey, if it was easy, every kid and their brother would have a laser lightshow projector. (scary thought)

Anyway, Depending on what scanners you have, you may have to switch some jumpers or swap your input signal wires. This will avoid you having to invert the signal in the pangolin software. Once it's set right it will look, feel and work right.

Sorry, wrong topic!! Don't know what happened there...
    Last edited by greenalien; 06-28-2011 at 00:59. Reason: Poated in wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by greenalien View Post
    Dentists in Budapest have a whole industry fitting dental implants, and reputedly do a great job at a much lower price than most European dentists. Your insurance would probably cover the repair and the flights and hotel!
    What....?

Did you mean the broken tooth thread? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by greenalien View Post
    Dentists in Budapest have a whole industry fitting dental implants, and reputedly do a great job at a much lower price than most European dentists. Your insurance would probably cover the repair and the flights and hotel!
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69;
    Have you considered using DPDT switches to provide axis inverts so you can change whenever needed? I have these so that when my projector is used with another I can mirror one to the other. Alternatively if I hang my projector upside down then I can flip the Y axis too (although this switch should really be key-switched so that it doesn't accidentally make an attenuated audience zone a full brightness overhead zone). Another reason for an X axis flip is if you do front-projection graphics/text and need to switch to rear-projection for another set up.

Driving home, I thought about it and it occurred to me that I recently switched out the X motor in a set of DT40 Pro scanners. I'm wondering now if that's what caused THIS projector to now be displaying the image backwards. When I got the projector in the first place, the image was upside down and using the Rotation adjustment in the Projector Zone settings corrects it. Text reads the way it should. Since I dropped in the new motor, text is now a mirror image. I don't know anything about the DT40 Pros and where a jumper or dip switch might be if there is one. Is there a link to a pdf manual somewhere?

I've read about installing a DPDT switch somwhere in order to have that control but still don't have the time to research how to do that. Yet another SELEM learning experience I suspect!

Wait 'til I start asking questions about adjusting colors! :-) I seem to have a bit too much red and what should be white kinda has a pink hue. Sort of what a white sock looks like after going through the wash with a red shirt by accident.

Sweet. Thanks!

no problem!

I would advise using either rockers or locking toggles ex:

to prevent accidents

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    no problem!

I would advise using either rockers or locking toggles ex:

to prevent accidents
    Wow, those look crazy! Never seen toggles like that before.

What would the Variance requirements be for axis flips? Is this enough, or would you actually need to be able to lock them say with a DPDT key-switch?