Thread: My new mini laser show

Default My new mini laser show

Well after many days and a few mistakes, I now have a 650nm 95mw hand held laser show. More pics of it in action to follow.

"Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Default Pics in action

Thats a cool little projector. Shows that you can make fine effects without expencive galvos.
    You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

Thats way cool 8)

I think i have just been inspired to create something similar
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Certainly looks a great gadget ......

But not trying tosound like the "LASER POLICE" ....

I would just like to remind folks ........ ( and im sure you all know anyway )
    that 95 mw can cause perminant retina damage ..... and seing that the unit
    is handheld and has no safety shutter, scan/ motor failure and can be used at eye level .... its something that i would not recomend anyone to take to a party etc .....

it your choice what you do ...... but please be careful

all the best................. Banthai Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai
    Certainly looks a great gadget ......

But not trying tosound like the "LASER POLICE" ....

I would just like to remind folks ........ ( and im sure you all know anyway )
    that 95 mw can cause perminant retina damage ..... and seing that the unit
    is handheld and has no safety shutter, scan/ motor failure and can be used at eye level .... its something that i would not recomend anyone to take to a party etc .....

it your choice what you do ...... but please be careful

all the best................. Banthai Lasers
    You are right. In the wrong hands it could be dangerous. I am going to add a safety shutter.

Quote Originally Posted by dave
    Thats way cool 8)

I think i have just been inspired to create something similar
    I am also thinking about adding a small MP3 player inside with an external jack. All would would have to do is plug it into an amp. and you have sound and light show in the palm of your hand.

Dam Fred - that thing is cool! So... this is the one you were talking about earlier. Wow! You weren't kidding when you said that the board was small!

I guess you fixed the problem... Last I had heard you burned out the speed limiter circuit for the motors. How'd you get it to work then?

For that matter, how do you adjust the patterns? I see what look like red push-button switches on the side of the box, but I can't figure out how that works? Thought you said that the board had like 240 built-in patterns? Surely there have to be a couple potentiometers somewhere? Or is there no manual adjustment possible? (You just click through the built-in ones maybe???)

Safety shutter is a good idea, but really - this is a one-off unit that I'm sure you'll be using in your own home exclusively, so it's not like it's a projector for sale, or one that will be used in a public show. Nevertheless, Banthia has a point in that it's for sure not legal. (Then again, the ghetto spinning mirror rig I've got <which is held together with electrical tape> isn't legal either...)

I like the ide aof the MP3 player... You could put a headphone jack on it and sit in your easy chair at home while you throw lissajous patterns up on the ceiling! (How cool is that!)

Good work Fred!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo
    Dam Fred - that thing is cool! So... this is the one you were talking about earlier. Wow! You weren't kidding when you said that the board was small!

I guess you fixed the problem... Last I had heard you burned out the speed limiter circuit for the motors. How'd you get it to work then?

I just by-passed that part of the circuit and it still works fine.

For that matter, how do you adjust the patterns? I see what look like red push-button switches on the side of the box, but I can't figure out how that works? Thought you said that the board had like 240 built-in patterns? Surely there have to be a couple potentiometers somewhere? Or is there no manual adjustment possible? (You just click through the built-in ones maybe???)

The mode button scrolls thru the three modes and the led changes colors to indicate the mode it is in.
    Red is auto, it will go thru 240 patterns on its own.
    Green is sound controll, it will change patterns to the sound
    Orange is manual, you can change speeds and blanking with the push buttons

Safety shutter is a good idea, but really - this is a one-off unit that I'm sure you'll be using in your own home exclusively, so it's not like it's a projector for sale, or one that will be used in a public show. Nevertheless, Banthia has a point in that it's for sure not legal. (Then again, the ghetto spinning mirror rig I've got <which is held together with electrical tape> isn't legal either...)

I like the ide aof the MP3 player... You could put a headphone jack on it and sit in your easy chair at home while you throw lissajous patterns up on the ceiling! (How cool is that!)

Good work Fred!

Adam