Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 88

Thread: Mitsubishi ML501P73 500mW 638

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    526

    Default Mitsubishi ML501P73 500mW 638

    Just a heads up there is a possible group buy forming over @ LPF on the Mitsubishi ML501P73 500mW 638nm diode.
    If it happens they have been quoted $369.88 each plus shipping. I am not involved in this group buy other than possibly picking one up but I thought there might be some interest over here.

    Thread
    http://laserpointerforums.com/f50/cr...tml#post928997
    Data sheet
    http://www.mitsubishielectric.com/se...1p73_p1245.pdf
    Last edited by DTR; 07-02-2011 at 08:09.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,425

    Default

    This LD has broad-stripe structure which enables high output power.
    Unless we know the actual emitter size of the die, there is no way to predict what beamspecs we'll end up with. 7.5x35 degrees divergence says nothing, I could collimate the light of a campfire into a 7.5x35 degrees beam if I had to.

    If high visibility is your goal, stick to the regular 150mw diodes, their beam power density is much better.

    If burning things is your goal, buy a lighter.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    denver,co
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    DTR,

    I would really like to find out the emitter size also. I see in the spec sheet that these are classified under laser display, maybe they actually have a small emitter. It looks like they are isolated can witch is great! Makes heat sinking easy. It is also nice that it is a standard 5.6mm can. They don't like heat Max temp is 40c or 104f.

    Please ask Garoq to get the emitter size. If it is equal to or less than the blues we might have a winner.

    Thanks,

    chad
    Last edited by chad; 07-03-2011 at 22:05. Reason: clarity.


    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    Unless we know the actual emitter size of the die, there is no way to predict what beamspecs we'll end up with. 7.5x35 degrees divergence says nothing, I could collimate the light of a campfire into a 7.5x35 degrees beam if I had to.

    If high visibility is your goal, stick to the regular 150mw diodes, their beam power density is much better.

    If burning things is your goal, buy a lighter.

    They should get clarification on that before moving forward. I have seen a lot of projects here with the 445 so if it does end up having the same or better divergence than the 445 I would think they would be useful as well.

    Also I am with you. I appreciate a nice beam and don't care about the burning ability.

    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    DTR,

    Please ask Garoq to get the emitter size. If it is equal to or less than the blues we might have a winner.

    Thanks,

    chad
    I just asked if we would be able to get this info before having to empty our wallets.
    Last edited by DTR; 07-02-2011 at 13:15.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Hi,

    as far as I know the emitter size is 40Ám. So more than twice that of the 445s

    Andreas

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    526

    Default

    ^^^If I remember correctly the 500mW ML520G72 was 40Ám. Is that why you are thinking it is the same or did you read that somewhere about the ML501P73 as well? I am waiting on confirmation of the emitter size from Garoq and hope to hear something tomorrow.

    I am hopeful that the ML501P73 will have better beam specs. I would prefer it not to be an open can but if it turns out to have a decent beam I will be willing to try one.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    ^^^If I remember correctly the 500mW ML520G72 was 40Ám. Is that why you are thinking it is the same or did you read that somewhere about the ML501P73 as well? I am waiting on confirmation of the emitter size from Garoq and hope to hear something tomorrow.

    I am hopeful that the ML501P73 will have better beam specs. I would prefer it not to be an open can but if it turns out to have a decent beam I will be willing to try one.
    Yeah I'll ask them and hopefully we'll have a response in a day or two.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,702

    Default

    I'm not holding my breath for thus diode..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

    Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London or Spain depending on the weather
    Posts
    1,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    I could collimate the light of a campfire into a 7.5x35 degrees beam if I had to.



    Cool .....sounds great for a barby, maybe U could get together with "Planters" and organize a supercooled high power version so we can have stripey burgers LOL

    Cheers

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    2

    Default

    According to the distributor, the emitter size is 2Ám x 40Ám for both 638nm 300mW (CW) LD ML520G71 and 500mW (CW) ML501P73 series.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •