Thread: Synchronized startup of laser projector KVANT and ordinary projector

Default Synchronized startup of laser projector KVANT and ordinary projector

My question is about simultaneous synchronized startup of laser projector KVANT and ordinary projector.
    I have a Server with Wings Platinum program installed, it starts up the picture-show (“timeline”) on the ordinary projector(which is connected to video card through VGA). Laser projector KVANT is connected to the same server by Pangolin Flashback 3.
    How can I startup the timeline of projector KVANT and timeline of ordinary projector simultaneously right on time?
    What are ways to startup in situation like this? If I for example use not Wings Platinum but Isadora?
    What is an approximate scheme of connecting?
    Please if you could answer in detail it would be just great!!!

P.S. Is it possible:

You may be better off doing it with midi.
    So set up your show in QS timeline, and save it to a cue. Assign a midi note on value to the cue to trigger.
    Then you simply need to send the midi note value from the lighting/video software to QS at the required time.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Great! That is it! Hurrah! Norty303, I've posted this question on approximately 5 forums and you are the only person, who gave an answer. Thank you very very much! Would you be so kind and write in details how to do what you wrote? I have never heard about anything like this, and never work with it. I've got Win 7 x64 OS, 6 mpeg2 format video files , Wings Platinum program 4 multi display license without Show Control Module, 6 projectors Panasonic PT-D6000ELK, Pangolin Flashback 3 module with 128 Mb SD card, Quick Show program, LIVEQ program, KVANT spectrum 1.6 W projector. It would be soo wonderfully nice of you if you could write step by step manual.
    Last edited by mahorinav; 10-05-2011 at 08:29.

I'm afraid I can't tell you how to do it as I've never used Wings, however the QS side of things should be easy enough to set up. Then you just need to work out how to get a midi note message out of Wings and into QS. An application like midiyoke may help the 2 applications communicate.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

This might help with some background , while norty comes along with comprehensive answer , and is how i best understand it .

http://www.pangolin.com/QS/extras/Qu...wQSManualD.pdfaround page 105 is the midi stuff

Quickshow can send a "midi tone" to your other equipment to start it up if your other equipment can accept this

You wont need an actual real midi keyboard as quickshow has a virtual keyboard that can be activated.
    To output the tone to another device you will need to activate the ECHO function of quickshow

Hope this helps in some way

paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Thanks to all of you! I am waiting for the Show Control Module and SC USB DMX be delivered to me.