Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pointers @ Sensation White, WTF ?! :D

Default Pointers @ Sensation White, WTF ?! :D

Some serious idiots just whipping the crowd with those, complete lack of respect for other concertgoes IMO.

with that many pointers I'm fairly certain they were part of the shows.. now way 80% of the concert goers just happened to have a greenie

anyway, as always no way to know the power from a video, that place was foggier than... well, something really foggy

I've been to events were vendors were selling 30mw greenies for like $50 and sold out. I could image an event that large could sell 100-200 of them no problem

What is the legality of something like this in the US?

As long as they are <5mw shine away. These look to be well bigger than 5mw though, so this would not go over well in the US.

.Sigh stupid pointers.. they should be arrested for taking a pointer with them to such events also disrespectfull to the laserist on sensation black

I hope it's a part of the event..
    Though i don't think so

Clearly part of the show.
    Becomes obvious at the end when the movement starts to match what the projectors are doing.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Talking generally about this type of event and not about the specific event in question as we don't know what the arrangements were....

1. Anything over 5mw and its stupid unless everyone there is a trained performer in my opinion. Even then with such large numbers I'd have to question the risk.......its like the lottery, the more tickets you buy the greater the chances.........and mixed in with the rest of the crowd, what about the risk of crowd interference especially from drugged / boozed up members and never mind the risk of accidental knocks causing unintended deflections.

2. Allowing Joe Public to buy pointers over 5mw and then expecting them to act responsibly at an event is legal and moral suicide if you ask me. I don't know of any group of general boozed up pub goers in my area of the UK that wouldn't find it essential to either look in it themselves to see how bright it was or shine it in their friends face for a "laugh".

3. Any event organiser that allowed the sale of these is committing legal suicide as well as in those circumstances, as if injured I'd personally go after the event organisers for negligence in allowing the sale of these pointers or inadequate door security (where sale permission was disclaimed), rather than trying to trace an individual in a crowd. In the event of trained performers, see my comments above about the crowd! I would personally doubt a court would see things in their favour given the risks.

I'm almost sure it was a part of the show. Maybe they distributed 50 pointers to the first VIP tickets owners and told them they have to do this at a specific time...
    Bad thing is when the music restart, you see the beam of the pointers going everywhere and on the crowd's eyes, I hope the power was not so high (though def more than 5 mW).