Thread: maXYZ modules

Default maXYZ modules

Just wanted to post my recent dealings with maXYZ. Purchased the diode off of ebay for use in a special effects projector. Never having dealt with solid state red (except the typical pointer) I was a bit skeptical of how it would perform. Unit arrived within just a few days after I purchased it and I was quite amazed. It matches very well with my 35-40mW 532nm DPSS. And looks fantastic in my projector. I'm new to this forum, but if I can figure it out I will gladly post pics if anyone is interested! Thanks maXYZ, you have another satisfied customer. The only thing that bugs me a bit, is that now that I have found this forum, I have seen several posts from you and see that you can offer an analog modulated unit(wish I knew that before!), we may be talking soon, already have my next projector design in my head!

David

I threw a few pics on a site. I tried to get a photo of the output, but my digital camera seems to favor green quite a bit. The the output is balanced, the photos barely pickup the red. So instead of posting those photos, I put some other photos up, enjoy!

David

https://home.comcast.net/~djzurcher/other.htm

Default Halloween animation is cool!

I liked the animation for the "one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people-eater!"

Did you do that yourself?

Your projector looks quite complicated. Scanners on the left, and I guess grating effects on the right? Got any pics of that thing in operation?

Adam

Hi Adam,

No, I can't take credit for that show, wish I could! It was programmed by a guy named Mark Howard with the art work of Joe Tucciarone. The show is a demo supplied with Pangolin when purchased. It is very well done, and the kids love it!

The projector is nothing more than a special effects projector, designed to be used in conjunction with a normal graphics projector. The scanner you see on the left is just a single X axis scanner with several solenoid actuated scan through effects. The effects on the right are motorized scan through effects, such as diffraction and lumia. Though it is not the most "high tech" projector I have ever built, it is indeed the most sophisticated with regards to the electronics. It is completely stand alone with a small control console. No computer needed. I have tried to take some photos of the output, but my digital camera doesn't seem to want to pickup any red in the images. I will try to capture what I can and post them to that site tonight or tomorrow maybe. I'll also throw in some photos of my white light projector that I used for the halloween show.

David

I added some pics on the site of the projector in action, again, the camera does not seem to be picking up the red as well as I would like it to. The abstract looking effect is created using two diffraction wheels on 120 RPM hankscraft motors!

Hi David,, Glad you like it !!!
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF