Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever wondered what happnes when...

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post

Hang on, this must be a joke, I can't believe you reached those temps in Scotland, or even that amount of sustained sunshine.... what is it, about 4 hrs daylight this time of year?
    At the moment it hardly ever gets dark, still light at 11pm (Well that weird pale blue kinda light) bloody annoying.. my daughter won't sleep at bedtime cos it's still light outside.

I expect those papers would make for an interesting smoke!! And if you can peel them apart they'll be spotlessly clean!
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    there in glass bottles how did the glass break?
    That would be the solvent evaporating, turning to a gas and then pressurising the container beyond breaking point.

As Norty said, just a good job it didn't flash over on release or else Nigel would have been thumbing a lift home and I wouldn't have been the only one setting off the hall's fire alarm. However, this time Rob cancelling it wouldn't have been such a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I expect those papers would make for an interesting smoke!! And if you can peel them apart they'll be spotlessly clean!
    Was tempted to roll a ciggy in them when I saw this message, but thought the better of it!

Default !!!!!!

So, Tuesday afternoon I'm at work - it's boring as hell.. and I'm thinking "For gods sake, I'm bored at work.. I'm paid to do nothing, I need something to do" (Yes, it sounds good.. but it's not) and the bosses boss comes in.

He says to me "Can you go to (head office) France, because les French have themselves in a bit of a pickle"

I say "Sure, when do you want me to go"

He says "Tomorrow"

I ring the mrs, and mention I will get paid two days extra if I do, she say "yes"

I say (to bosses, boss) "yes"

So here I am, stuck in a hotel in Schiphol because my flight from Edinburgh was delayed and missed my connection, and I missed the first flight anyway.

It's been a bad day, I'm tired.. my feet hurt and I have to get up at 6am to catch a plane to France, then drive (on the wrong side of the road) from Marseille Airport to Aix-en-Provence.. (Looks easy on the map).

I don't have my hold bag because KLM are keeping it at the airport tonight.

I have a "overnight bag" given to me by KLM, it consists of:

1x pair of socks (black)
    1x tube of "care collection" laundry washing liquid.
    1x tube of "care collection" deodorant
    1x tube of tooth paste
    1x Disposable toothbrush
    1x Hairbrush
    1x Razor
    1x shaving cream
    1x Makeup remover (handy!)
    1x XXL White t-shirt (cheeky bastards)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-07-06 23.36.14.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	407.4 KB 
ID:	25843

The seat I am sitting on has a HUGE fag burn in it !! (Wasn't me)

Name:	2011-07-06 23.33.10.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	551.3 KB 
ID:	25844

And here's what is on telly:

Name:	2011-07-06 23.37.20.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	439.7 KB 
ID:	25845

And out of all of that, the best thing that happened today, was when I was at home.. waiting for the mrs to get ready to go to the airport, the postman gave me a package.

"I was not excepting this package" I think..

I open it and it contains a little box, with a brand new bottle of first contact in it.

There's this chap I know, his name be Rob Stanley.. and I can only say what a top bloke he is, and generous with it too.

This Kiwi is blown away - thanks again mate if there's ever anything I can do for you.. just ask!

Right off to wash my pants in the sink.

Nige.
    Last edited by gashead; 07-06-2011 at 13:52.

That's our Rob for you. Such a top man.
    The number of time's I have had laser heads fcuk up just days before a gig, Rob has managed to help me out every time.

At the moment I have a LW 473 head on loan from him to keep my projectors on the road for a gig last weekend, the ShowLEM and another gig a week on Saturday, and as for a certain brand new 640nm diode, best not to mention the details of that story but to say Rob came up trumps with that as well.

I'm hoping to get the opportunity to repay him some of his generosity in the coming weeks.

Carl
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

hEY Nige, sad about the exploding first contact, how cool and nice of Rob to help you out. Rob's top bloke man. This proves it again (were there still people doubting ?). I'll pm you my mobile number, next time you get stuck in Schiphol call me. My works just 15 minutes away from Schiphol, and my home only 30mins or so. So next time you get stuck we can have some fun in Amsterdam. And now it only seems we only got pr0n in holland on the telly mate !
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Hobbybob whatever you do stay away from this stripclub: la vie en proost
    :b they are what i call scammers.
    I left angry at least XD

What are you talking to me for ? I don't go to stripclubs ;-) Hahaha.... But i will remember it in case i will. ;-) See you in two weeks man. I'd rather spend my money on lasers. Or like the man that once said: Whenever i eat applepie i think: Wow this is GOOOOD and whenever i have sex i think: Woooo this is expensive ;-)
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Save ur money for lasers man XD
    I'm completely stopping with going there forever