Thread: First Contact Cleaner in the US

Default First Contact Cleaner in the US

Since everyone here recommends buying First Contact cleaners for the optics, i was wondering what package to order if i am from the US.

Their website http://www.photoniccleaning.com/
    Their store is here http://yhst-44888210506633.stores.yahoo.net/index.html

Could someone let me know what i should go with, the regular kit as example does it include everything i need?
    Thank you in advance for any useful answer.

I'm in complete agreement with everyone here that this stuff is AMAZING! I ordered from Stanwax and it arrived without any instructions or other components, but that does not matter. Just brush it on like your doing your nails ( if you do that) give it 10-15 min. to dry and then pull it off with a piece of scotch tape that you just press on to the filmy surface and then peel off. That's it. You will like this. I've started to clean any optical surface I can find ( eye glasses binoculars, ect.) it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    I'm in complete agreement with everyone here that this stuff is AMAZING! I ordered from Stanwax and it arrived without any instructions or other components, but that does not matter. Just brush it on like your doing your nails ( if you do that) give it 10-15 min. to dry and then pull it off with a piece of scotch tape that you just press on to the filmy surface and then peel off. That's it. You will like this. I've started to clean any optical surface I can find ( eye glasses binoculars, ect.) it's fun.
    Thanks for the reply but i am still wondering what package i should buy?

After looking through the choices in these links, I would say avoid these kits and order from Stanwax as the cost is less and the form he supplies is the red and that is easy to see on the surface. One ounce goes a very long way. If limited to laser use it will last MANY years. The tabs are not necessary and the other features of these kits are better suited to to astronomical sized optics. Shipment from the UK is about one week and aprox. $10.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    I ordered from Stanwax and it arrived without any instructions or other components, but that does not matter.
    This was an oversight on my part (for which I appologise) but instructions can be downloaded from my main website download page.
    I dont supply tabs - I do get some but to be honest if I buy 30 bottles I will prob get 100 tabs - not enough to supply with each bottle and wont go very far. Normal sellotape, masking tape or paper sticky labels work sweet for me.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk