Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Power Meter

Picked up a really nice Scientech meter and thermal head not long ago $250..[fleabay]..had issues with seller about the model # and analog needle I really didn't need. Reads J,avg J , W , and has Cal. mode to accept other sensors of same manu. also has statistics menu for data logging . Tested to 43 watts , will read up to 100 watts this head and as low as 2 mw, and most vis. wavelengths and it was within +/- 23mw { power levels over 250mw} of two other calibrated meters at Wake Forest Uni. lab meters.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    Picked up a really nice Scientech meter and thermal head not long ago $250..[fleabay]
    Yeah, Scientech meters are bulky but great for the price. I used to pick them up for $20 on ebay when people didn't know what they were. Also, they are way easy to calibrate with a good variable PS and a little math.

This one...hand held unit.....http://www.scientech-inc.com/LPM/VectorH310.html Not the large, bulky desktop units......
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

if i could get a decent accurate semi home made power meter id go for it. but i would like a min of 5watts.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I got fed up looking through eBay (for weeks!) for suitably priced used LPM's. In any case you never know what your buying. A fairly shook looking LPM could be holding its calibration fine while a spotless one could be totally out of whack (fucked). Sure you can get lucky, but when do you find this out? That is why I opted for the Ophir head. These are brand new calibrated heads (1mV=1mW) so all you need is digital voltmeter, a power supply and some form of enclosure. The total cost of building mine was about 170 euro plus a little bit of labour. Not bad for a brand new calibrated LPM that measures up to 5 watts.

One thing you might want to consider is some sort of logging functionality. I've found the logging on my LaserbeeII very useful in producing graphs to send to Rob to demonstrate what I think I'm seeing
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    if i could get a decent accurate semi home made power meter id go for it. but i would like a min of 5watts.
    You must have missed my post above....

Come on Andy.... you can build this with your eyes closed... and it's 5Watts

http://laserpointerforums.com/f42/di...0-a-52861.html

We had a few Limited Edition 5Watt Laserbees with Data Logging that sold
    pretty quick on eBay a few weeks ago but I'm sure the price was over your
    budget...

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by lasersbee View Post
    You must have missed my post above....

Come on Andy.... you can build this with your eyes closed... and it's 5Watts

http://laserpointerforums.com/f42/di...0-a-52861.html

We had a few Limited Edition 5Watt Laserbees with Data Logging that sold
    pretty quick on eBay a few weeks ago but I'm sure the price was over your
    budget...

Jerry
    how accurate is this?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I compared my die4thing with a real calibrated meter at SELEM last year and the readings were the same.

but the die4laser one can only go up to like a watt and the sensor burns easily with 445
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat