Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CT Lasers New Store

Default CT Lasers New Store

OK-

Lets try this again...

I have been slowly but surely trying to redo the CT Lasers store. It is now live. Feel free to go take a look and let me know what you think.

If you have any constructive criticism and/or any ideas please let me know. I still have some work to do, but wanted to get it up and continue the work slowly.

CT Lasers Store

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Thumbs up Congrats Marc

Very nice and good looking.

But my e-mail and password gone

Cheers,
    Ed

looks good! straightforward U.I., clean design! Nice!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i appreciate the fact that you're having a huge sale to celebrate the new store website.. Lots of modules for $0.00.

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    OK-

Lets try this again...

I have been slowly but surely trying to redo the CT Lasers store. It is now live. Feel free to go take a look and let me know what you think.

If you have any constructive criticism and/or any ideas please let me know. I still have some work to do, but wanted to get it up and continue the work slowly.

CT Lasers Store

-Marc
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i appreciate the fact that you're having a huge sale to celebrate the new store website.. Lots of modules for $0.00.
    I'll take 10 of those 6.8 watt reds!

LOL-

the only reason for the $0 price isnt for pricing "games." Like the stupid advertisements we all see- "Priced too low to print." Its because the U.S. to Euro exchange rate changes drastically WAY too much. So instead of pricing too high or too low for the higher dollar modules, its easier to just check the pricing when needed.

did page load ok for everyone?

any suggestions for easier navigation or useage?

thanks everyone. and ill be sure to get those $0 6.8W modules out to all who ordered!!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

Authorized Dealer for:

• X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

can you use something like this? http://dynamicconverter.com/

i'm not a fan of having to contact a human whenever i need a price check.

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    LOL-

the only reason for the $0 price isnt for pricing "games." Like the stupid advertisements we all see- "Priced too low to print." Its because the U.S. to Euro exchange rate changes drastically WAY too much. So instead of pricing too high or too low for the higher dollar modules, its easier to just check the pricing when needed.

did page load ok for everyone?

any suggestions for easier navigation or useage?

thanks everyone. and ill be sure to get those $0 6.8W modules out to all who ordered!!

-Marc
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Smile

Using Firefox 5.0 here. Some of the formatting is a bit off. The prices for the scanners are truncated ever so slightly, for example. (The last zero is trimmed a bit short.) Also, I don't care for the dark text in the lists on the right. The highlighting is fine when you mouse-over one of the items, but the rest of the text in the list should be a brighter shade of grey so you can actually read it without being forced to mouse-over it.

I'd like to see a "products" link up top with the rest of the primary navigation buttons. You could have it jump to an anchor point lower on the main page where you have the product categories listed on the left, or you could link to a new page... But as it is now, with the large "splash" picture up top, its not immediately obvious that there is lots more content lower on the page. (You have to scroll down to get to it.)

On the new products page, it would be nice to be able to view more than 4 products on a page. With 40 new products in the list, that's 10 pages that have to load if I want to see everything. I'd rather see 10 products on a page (even if I have to scroll down).

Overall, the design is nice, but it's very dark. Lighten the text so it's easier to read and it will make the site much more pleasing, at least in my opinion...

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

As promised, I will get you my critque soon but, as always, my schedule this week has been crazy. I already mentioned the phone number on the home page. A couple of the next comments are:

Quite honestly, the videos are too long. Particularly the 6 minute one. Having the videos is great but, even I, who likes lasers, was bored and clicked away from it before I'd hit 4 minutes.

The consistency thing I mentioned concerns mainly the home page. Settle on one thing with either caps or no caps. "Laser Light Show" "Laser Light show", "Laser light Show", "laser light Show". All in the same paragraph. I think unless it starts a sentance, it really should be "laser light show".

I'm with others who hate not seeing a price. I don't know if you can get away with "due to the fluctuating exchange rate, please call for up to date pricing" and list a range. Say, for example: "Kvant 1.2 640nm $3,000-$3,400. Please call for current price." I'd like to at least know a ballpark without having to call.

More to follow.

I really appreciate all of this guys, Thank You!

i dont claim to be a marketing guru, thats for sure!!

I will begin to implement these suggestions. As i agree with the points you made.

The only thing i have to figure out is how to incorporate the pricing "ranges." I dont think the software will allow for that. But i will figure something out.

-Marc

Authorized Dealer for:

• X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers