Thread: Do DHOM (Ultralasers) modules have Differential Inputs?

Default Do DHOM (Ultralasers) modules have Differential Inputs?

Hello All.

My first post here. Not new to lasers in general, in fact I own a company that produces laser cutting and engraving systems. Lasers have been a hobby since I was a kid.

I recently decided to get back into Laser Displays as a hobby, and I'm currently building an RGB projector using Lasers from DHOM (Ultralasers),
    DHOM-I-445-600 600mw 445nm Blue, and DHOM-M-532-300 300mw 532nm Green.

I sent an e-mail to Shawn at Ultralasers asking if these two units had differential inputs but have received no reply...

I am using an FB3 DAC with Quickshow, and DT-40 Pro scanners.

The green laser is currently connected for testing and all seems well, but was just curious if I really need to put an op-amp (differential to single ended converter) between the differential output from Pangolin's FB3 and the inputs to the laser driver... Have not tested the blue laser yet, but that will happen this weekend.

For Red, I have a 300mw 640nm on order from David at LasershowParts, and I know this unit is a LaserWave module.

http://www.laser-wave.com/en/2009/0521/article_59.html

Also not sure about the LaserWave and whether it will also need a differential comparator circuit as well.

Any advise or info would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Robert

The modulation inputs should have been analog 0-5(+)vdc on the DHOM I think you specify it when you order the driver (or it may have a dip or jumper to switch between analog and ttl)

The laserwave driver should also have a setting for either CW, TTL, or Analog modulation.

The output from the FB3 should be fine to modulate all of the modules.

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Thanks Adam.

Yes the inputs were specified as Analog when I ordered the units from UltraLasers.
    I just did not know if they were expecting 0 to 5 volts with reference to ground, or if the differential output from the FB3 would work correctly...

Rob