Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Legally stopping an illegal laser show before it starts?

Sorry for double post-

After seeing all of this, i posted this on their you Tube video-

"Hello North Bass Media- While your events look great, please know that you are endangering your audience with the amount of Laser light you are shooting into them. We would like to inform you that in the U.S.A. Laser systems which emit more than 5mW of Laser light requires a variance to operate in public. Also, Lasers being abosrbed by your patorns are at VERY dangeorus and illegal levels. Feel free to contact us to get more info on how to be safer with the lasers you use. -CT. Lasers"

I just received this in reply from them:

"@ConnecticutLasers Lasers were below 5mW, and we can show insurance.

Thank you, Good bye."

This is OBVIOUSLY bullshit. Not too sure how to proceed from here...

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

His chinese scanners may have been marked <5mW to make it past customs, but from that pic, they most certainly are stronger than that though.

DSLI I didn't edit the first post because of you so do not be sorry. I edited my first post because I posted a scenario that I thought a lot of have come across and was hoping this would be a band of brother situation where we could come up with answers and solutions. Instead it turned into a thread about comparing full scale illegal laser shows to instruments used by the Beatles (Seriously WTF!?)

I am a newer member here but it is pretty clear by the responses that you can tell who operates their systems safely and legally (at least for the most part) vs. those who do not live in the USA and or run illegal laser systems/shows themselves and call people like me a snitch. My local area has a PROBLEM, if you are not willing to help you are most likely the same kind of company that is ruining the laser scene in your local area.

I have actually requested to a moderator that this thread to be deleted. Why? Because if somebody from the public came on here and read this thread they would say screw following the rules, people who follow the rules are snitches and 'right wing'. Frankly after reading through all this BS, I worry that the number of illegal laser shows and laser systems in the USA are represented by decent % of people registered on this forum.

"If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem."
    Last edited by MLS; 07-17-2011 at 11:02. Reason: Swear removed

BTW- North Bass Media is only the film team for these events, they are not part of the problem. (They probably don't know the different between 5mW and 5W, and it's not there business to have to know such) The problem relies with the venue which throws this events almost weekly, and specifically 2 and sometimes a 3rd organization that are the promoter and funding operations for these events.

Quote Originally Posted by MLS View Post
    DSLI I didn't edit the first post because of you so do not be sorry. I edited my first post because I posted a scenario that I thought a lot of have come across and was hoping this would be a band of brother situation where we could come up with answers and solutions. Instead it turned into a thread about comparing full scale illegal laser shows to instruments used by the Beatles (Seriously WTF!?)
    For the record, I mentioned instruments used by The Beatles and it was not in comparison to full scale illegal laser shows. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by MLS View Post

I am a newer member here but it is pretty clear by the responses that you can tell who operates their systems safely and legally (at least for the most part) vs. those who do not live in the USA and or run illegal laser systems/shows themselves and call people like me a snitch. My local area has a PROBLEM, if you are not willing to help you are most likely the same kind of company that is ruining the laser scene in your local area.
    If that was directed at me I suggest you quit making assumptions. I don't /do/ laser shows. I only plan to build and sell varianced and approved scanners/projectors. I was only suggesting that 'calling the law' on every club/venue that uses lasers in your area that doesn't contract with you can VERY easily turn around and bite you in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    Sorry for double post-

After seeing all of this, i posted this on their you Tube video-

"Hello North Bass Media- While your events look great, please know that you are endangering your audience with the amount of Laser light you are shooting into them. We would like to inform you that in the U.S.A. Laser systems which emit more than 5mW of Laser light requires a variance to operate in public. Also, Lasers being abosrbed by your patorns are at VERY dangeorus and illegal levels. Feel free to contact us to get more info on how to be safer with the lasers you use. -CT. Lasers"

I just received this in reply from them:

"@ConnecticutLasers Lasers were below 5mW, and we can show insurance.

Thank you, Good bye."

This is OBVIOUSLY bullshit. Not too sure how to proceed from here...

-Marc
    even if they are <5mW that just means they don't need a variance, that does not mean they can audience scan with them...

anyway theres no way in hell those are <5mw... just no way, not possible

I strongly Opin that you'd be singing a different tune if this was your sole-source of supporting your family, or trying to get-started, like Sir MLS - really, you'd be a *fool* not to jealously defend your industry and sane-practices for fair-pricing...
    Hi Jon, yeah, I get the hyperbole, I'm just stretching the issue to make the POINT!.. [ Soon, I will be assimilated and our posts will be indistinguishable... :P]

But I do stand by my comment about the business, in as much as for any new venture, a decent businessman will examine the marketplace and identify any issues and how they might be overcome. I honestly believe that I would not put my family's livelihood in the hands of the laser industry currently.
    It just strikes me that to enter the marketplace, would be so time consuming in taking down the competition (and even then you still have to compete with the legit Co's in the area), that (imho) there have to be better/easier ways of making a living (putting aside all other considerations like passion for the subject matter, etc)
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    I was trying to stay out of this thread, but i just watched the video and all i have to say is "WOW!!!"

those beams are WELL OVER safe limits. fog, no fog. video or no video. Those beams are BLATANTLY and obviously EXTREMELY dangerous to be shooting into the faces of patrons.

forget the illegal shows vs. legal shows crap. chinese projectors vs american projectors or if these projectos were made in Antarctica. this video is bordering on criminal in my opinion.

This picture is horrendous!

Attachment 25972
    Damn that's horrible..
    Poor guy that got hit by that beam... I wonder how his vision is now.

Damn that's horrible..
    Poor guy that got hit by that beam... I wonder how his vision is now.
    I expect he had a wonderful night, woke up with a hangover and is now back at work/college/sofa without any idea that he nearly had his brain shot out the back of his head.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.