View Poll Results: Will you be attending S.E.L.E.M. this summer?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes! I can't wait!

6 31.58%
  • I hope to attend, if I can get the time off...

5 26.32%
  • No, I'm busy that weekend.

0 0%
  • No, it's too far away from me.

7 36.84%
  • No, not interested.

0 0%
  • I'm waiting to see how many people are going before I decide...

1 5.26%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official S.E.L.E.M. Thread!

Default Official S.E.L.E.M. Thread! (OLD POST FROM 2006)

Ok - SELEM is a little more than a month away. As of right now, the dates are Saturday, July 15th and Sunday, July 16th 2006. The location is Atlanta, GA. (Exact location to be announced shortly!)

So....

How many people are going to come? And what equipment are you planning on bringing?

As for me, I'll be by myself, and I'll be bringing my Alphalite projector plus a bunch of other doodads. (My 3 single-line 110V argons, a box full of HeNe's, some optics, and other junk.)

Adam

EDIT: PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE DATE. THIS POST IS NEARLY 7 YEARS OLD.
    Last edited by buffo; 04-10-2013 at 03:10.

If I can afford airfare & hotel, I'll be there.

if anyone wants to supply accomodation, and a return airfare, ill rock along
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Has the mission been scrubbed? It is getting close to the time for the event ......I have not seen much activity about it and I need to know so that I can be "sick" for a couple of days. Trying to find a way to get down to it and still have a job to get back to..........
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I was trying to find the right way to "announce" but i guess this is as good as any.

The event has been postponed, Atlanta is an expensive nightmare. I could not justify $1500 a day for "just con space" in any hotel plus a fire marshal at $45 an hour *if* we wanted to use a fogger. And that wasnt even a *good* hotel. Good hotels demanded $3k a day *plus* non optional catering.

Maybe if "badge fees" were something like $150ea but thats just outrageous for what started out as a "cheap to free" event for us to get to gether and as Buffo puts it: "Geek out".

Really: This will happen, just not next weekend, and unless I can start pulling some magic strings it wont be in Atlanta either.

Buffo has been a monumenal dare I say Iconic help in this undertaking, as has everyone else who assisted me through each trial and tribulation, I thank them all for their continued support in the endeavor to bring forth a large number of people from a very small community and "Geek out"

Thanks everyone, heres to planning another great event where and whenever it may be.

Cheers

Aw shucks... ops: Thanks Spec!

I'm not giving up on this idea... Like Robert said, it's going to have to be postponed for now. It also may end up being held in another city. (Charleston, SC and Charlotte, NC are two alternate sites that we're looking into.) But we *WILL* make this happen folks. It's just going to take a lot more work to get organized.

On the plus side, the first one is always the toughest. Once we get it done, we'll be able to do the next one a lot easier. (At least, that's what I keep telling myself!)

Adam

Well... you guys can always come to Norway
    Norway have hotels for 50$ one night, free location to use lasers
    And most of all NO RULES ABOUT LASERSHOW :roll:

HEY! How many of us reside in Florida? I can think of... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 6 when he visits his mom... :idea:
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

HEY! How many of us reside in Florida? I can think of... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 6 when he visits his mom...
    Native Floridian right here. From Jags!onville

David

That makes 7... I don't remember if I counted Pangolin... Maybe 8. We could have a small Florida meet, practice for SALEM... :idea: Going through the members list I see about 11 or 12... I can get us an outdoor venue... in the Ocala Forest... Everyone brings a tent and a small generator? :roll: