Thread: Local laser company in Reno, NV

Default Local laser company in Reno, NV

So I found this company here in Reno, NV. Thought I would give them a call and see what they can do for us as a hobby orientated lasers type of people we are.

The answer was, um no. We will not sell parts, or diodes or etc to you or any one else. But if you want to buy a full laser sure. Prices start over 1k.

http://www.crystalaser.com/

Bummer. I was so happy to find a LOCAL company. Then shot down like a Nintendo duck.

But it seems they can make just about what ever nm you could every want.
    Last edited by PhantomRage; 07-11-2011 at 14:48.

Crystalaser makes some nice products. The engineer was trained at the same school as the laserwave/cni people. They may not *sell* but I would suspect you may be able to find some goodies 'urban prospecting' . ...

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

let me add. The person I talked to was very nice. Not saying that they are a bad company or anything like that. I hope that it did not come across that way.

But I am sure they have there own reasons for not selling parts to us hobby type people. But it was worth a phone call to ask.

I see they sell modules; be interesting to see what heir price on the 250 mW DPSS yellow laser at 561 nm is.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I see they sell modules; be interesting to see what heir price on the 250 mW DPSS yellow laser at 561 nm is.
    Just what I was thinking (out of curiosity rather than an impending purchase).

However the fact that they don't publish prices made me log out straight away. I won't enquire for a price.

To me any company that won't display prices is not worth dealing with. They want to sell so why should I have to put myself out to find out how much? If they can't be bothered to advertise prices then personally I'd rather go to someone that does, rather than play tennis with emails waiting for a price for spec response on every product I'm interested in.

Also, in my experience many companies that don't display prices often have ulterior motives, ie they're usually expensive so don't want you comparing!

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Just what I was thinking (out of curiosity rather than an impending purchase).

However the fact that they don't publish prices made me log out straight away. I won't enquire for a price.

To me any company that won't display prices is not worth dealing with. They want to sell so why should I have to put myself out to find out how much? If they can't be bothered to advertise prices then personally I'd rather go to someone that does, rather than play tennis with emails waiting for a price for spec response on every product I'm interested in.

Also, in my experience many companies that don't display prices often have ulterior motives, ie they're usually expensive so don't want you comparing!
    You clearly haven't purchased things from anywhere other than Tesco and Amazon et al. type shops then.

If you want the item, get a quote then raise a purchase requisition.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    You clearly haven't purchased things from anywhere other than Tesco and Amazon et al. type shops then.
    Yeah that's right. If they don't publish prices then I won't deal with them period.