Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PORTABLE - Small Outdoor Fog Machine

Default PORTABLE - Small Outdoor Fog Machine

Friend brought one of these back from USA , and passed it on to me .

Instead of insecticide it works great if you put fog juice instead , very useful
    as its completely portable , no worries about wires etc

Great topy to play with and im sure it will be useful on an outdoor job one day

Search ebay for BLACK FLAG BUG FOGGER

In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Great find, but how long will the gas last.

I can imagine it's empty very fast.

I've had one of these for mosquito foggers for years and figured it'd make a good beam fogger. I'm glad someone tested it, I'll have to try it now. On mine, the propane tank valve does have settings. I'd imagine the low setting would last for many hours but you still have to manually pump the fluid into the machine with a squeeze trigger. This could be easily modified to accommodate a solenoid piston pump like a regular fogger but would require AC power so it kinda defeats the purpose of being portable.

The Bug Fogger costs about $70 , the shipping costs about the same to europe , I would stress though this is for SMALL outdoor , im still experimenting as to volume that can be created , to be clear this aint an ARTEM , which is a similiar "operating" outdoor smoke machine thta creates a lot more smoke ... See Video ... but an artem costs about $1200 to buy so expectations should not be same. We have HIRED the Artem a few times in past and the hire cost is MORE than the BUY cost of a Bug Fogger , so i guess its worth experimenting right :-)

Both units are operated by propane gas canisters , the artem uses CANS of pressurised smoke ( $8 a can , lasts under 4 minutes ) , the bug fogger uses standard DJ smoke fluid . The Propane simply HEATS a coil and on both units its adjustable , i guess the gas would last circa 30 mins on both units ..bear in mind these units advantages are all about "portabilty" , we have hired the ARTEM for use in a forest , for use at end of a harbour , for use at weddings 30m away from venue ..... if you need a lot of smoke for a long time , find a way of powering a standard smoke machine via generator it will be more cost effective , but if you need short term and very portable , these do the job fine.

The next TEST , experiment , is to fashion a way for the bug fogger to take pressurised cans of smoke , as that will increase the volume massively

Paul

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Just spotted this Vid on Youtube , this unit looks like it could be more effective , as it has a bigger resovior and the heating element looks shorter so possibly might get warmer.

I guess the Key to this is getting a Really HOT element , otherwise the fluid doesnt convert to smoke on way through element , and then to create a steady large volume of smoke fluid going through.

We have tried building our own , and it is very hard to find a balance between getting it hot enough and not pushing too much fluid through , if you dont get it hot enough , the fluid doesnt convert and comes out a liquid at other end

The black flag is AS GOOD if not better than our home made effort so far ...........

My dad has a bug fogger that is about the size of a bazooka and runs on kerosene. It has a car spark plug to ignite it and once it gets started it will fill the entire yard with fog in no time. Problem is that it stinks, is very LOUD, and the fumes probably aren't good for your health.

Keep in mind that burnt fog juice is bad for you to breath so before you use one of those gadgets in doors think about it. The propane flame might work great for vaporizing the fog juice but it could be heating it too much. Something for someone to test, I suppose.

I do believe that most fog juices heat at near the same temperatures. Where as haze fluids can vary a lot by the temperature they are required to burn off at. I wonder if a water based haze fluid might be a quality choice as quick particle dispersion plus a little more possible hang time than fogs?

You need to be careful with the temperature you're heating your fog juice too. I believe if you just burn the liquid, it becomes fairly toxic. Not good for your reputation in the industry I would guess!

I am sure most people at these raves are inhaling much worse

but ya no seriously toxic smoke is bad mmkay lol

The thing looks cool and powerfull, though I would also be worried about burned fog.
    hmm about fog my brother once mentioned going to a gig where they had smoke grenades for outside and these filled a place with smoke reallly quickly.
    Never heard of those and what are the costs on those smoke grenades?