Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where can I find laser music shows for home use?

Default where can I find laser music shows for home use?

hello I'm new to Photonlexicon. not sure if i am posting in the right forum but does anybody know where i can find Laser shows for use in the home? I have not been to laser shows for a few years and i miss them everyday!
    when i lived in Texas i went to a planetarium to watch the shows almost every weekend.
    i am aware that the company responsible for creating the shows at the local planetarium i went to is called (AVI).
    Audio Visual Imagineering. they make in my opinion some of the best laser shows.

i was told from a staff member at the company that they only produce shows for planetariums.

can anyone help me out?? or have any shows available? i hardly see shows where i live (colorado).
    in fact, there are no planetariums in colorado with AVI shows! any help appreciated!

That would depend on what type of equipment you are trying to watch the shows on. Can you tell us what you have? We can advise where to get shows from then. For example, I am currently makeing a beam show on my QM2000 using Laser Designer 2000 for use on an ILDA controlled RGB laser projector.

Also, what type of shows are you looking for; bea, shows, graphics, abstract shows?

Again, welcome to the forum.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

i sadly don't have any laser equipment such as a laser projector. i am only 15 years old so i don't know much about this stuff.
    I am looking for what i mentioned in the post. laser shows set to music from Audio Visual Imagineering.
    do you have shows by this company?? such as full length video recordings?
    Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by fortheluvoflasers View Post
    i sadly don't have any laser equipment such as a laser projector. i am only 15 years old so i don't know much about this stuff.
    I am looking for what i mentioned in the post. laser shows set to music from Audio Visual Imagineering.
    do you have shows by this company?? such as full length video recordings?
    Tyler
    No, AVI shows are hard to come by; although I am supposed to call them back next week about a small show if theirs. The price of thier shows can be fairly high because of their targeted market; not that they are not worth it. I can't even afford shows from Mike Dunn, which are probably on par with AVI shows.

If you don't have a laser projector what are you planning on watching said AVI shows on assuming you could get some?

yes I am trying to get some of their shows. i emailed the director of AVI and asked if they made video versions of their shows. i was told to wait until the end of this week to speak with the person in charge of manufacturing the hard drive for shows but have never heard back for a couple of days. I will have to wait and see!

Just like allthatwhichis said.
    I can make avi's from shows i have but there's no point.
    Why exactly do you want it and why does it need to be AVI?

Also can someone tell me what AVI's site is?
    I'm curious.
    I wanna see the graphics they have to see if I can top it *challenged*

AVI is a laser show company in Orlando that makes many of Shows out there used in planetariums. I think their site is www.av-imagineering.com.

AHA!
    having a look at it now.

Just looked, the graphics look pretty good, but it can use moar 3D.
    Anyway I like the idea of planetarium lasering haha.
    But those scanners they use for graphics seem freaking good to me.
    Likely cambridge hmm?

MPJ you can also create an planetary show with Pangolin's DiscoScan