Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Beyond

Default Pangolin Beyond

not sure if it has been mentioned before but i read this posting:
    http://www.laserist.org/pressreleases.htm

April 2011
    New "Beyond" laser show software from Pangolin; to be released July 16 2011
    ORLANDO, Fla - April 14, 2011 – At the recent Prolight + Sound tradeshow in Frankfurt, Germany, Pangolin Laser Systems President and CTO William Benner Jr. announced a release date for BEYOND, the company's all new laser show software for professionals: July 16th, 2011, which is the 42nd anniversary of the launch of the Saturn V rocket, which took astronauts Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins to the moon for the very first time.

William R. Benner, Jr. choose this date to honor his father William R. Benner, Sr. who worked on NASA's Mission Control computers, and directly contributed to the success of the Apollo 11 flight.

The new BEYOND software will run on the existing QM2000 hardware (which currently runs the LD2000 software) and also on the Flashback 3 hardware (which currently runs the QuickShow software).

All existing LD2000 shows will run on BEYOND. Pangolin is working on new network hardware for BEYOND, based on a recently-developed technology called "distributed computing".

No official pricing has been released, but the company did comment that anyone who purchases an LD2000 system between April 7th (the start of the Prolight + Sound tradeshow) and July 16th will receive the new BEYOND software for free.

(Added to this page April 25 2011. The full Beyond press release is here.)

I'm suscribed to the Pre-launch team newsletter from the day one, but haven't yet received a single information email, apart from the confirmation one. I am the only one??

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    I'm suscribed to the Pre-launch team newsletter from the day one, but haven't yet received a single information email, apart from the confirmation one. I am the only one??
    I don't know if your neo..

But you can always email Pangolin to get awnsers

I'd just like to see sneak peeks of the software in action before its release, as advertised in their flyer

I'm subscribed too, nothing yet either.

Pangolin do seem to fail on the hype building with new releases. They seem to have the right idea in getting people interested with initial details of the product, but fail on providing either a) enough titbits to keep up the excitement and people hooked, or b) sticking to the release date.

I would guess this might be due to limited resources, a bigger company would have a very dedicated team for the marketing, with a full calendar schedule for info releases.

That said, I'm sure it will pick up soon, and the product will be something new for laserists.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

It was well over a year ago... Maybe even two years ago that I jokingly called Beyond "Beyond Hype". It caused such a commotion on here (specifically from Stuka and Buffo if I recall) that it eventually led to me being banned. At this point, it's water under the bridge, and I am only amused by it all. But, I have to admit that I have a bit of a "I told ya so" grin on my face. I'm am interested to see what Beyond is all about, though.

This being said, in Frankfurt Prolight & Sound, I was so disappointed to see not even the smallest part of a running Beyond software on the Pango booth, added to the fact I needed an immediate replacement solution, that I crossed the line and buyed a nice Fiesta.net PRO controller to give it a try, and I have to say it's an amazing software, it's really one of the best (if not the best one) solution for beam shows I ever tried

Anyway, I'm almost sure I will buy a Beyond copy for its 3D/artistic/graphics creation capabilities, at least when we will have more details about it... Seems promising, seems only for now due to the lack of details but I'm pretty sure this is going to be worth the money!

Lightbulb

From what I understand, Quick Show is running on the Beyond platform so we have been seeing parts of it for a while. When it is officially released it will contain a bit more, new hardware and be working on the QM2000. I may be wrong but this is the impression I have gotten.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Yes this is Beyond engine/technology, but if I remember they told something like "forgot all about the usual way to program laser show, thinking with points, etc", but in Quickshow there's still the "points" concept... Well, I can't wait to see what they will release! If only they could provide the promised pre-release newsletters...