Thread: Greetings from dream beamz :)

Default Greetings from dream beamz :)

Figured I would make my way over here because there seems to be alot more laser discussion over here than alt.lasers

Anyhow, i am a laser show company out of Charlotte, NC... started out doing clubs and have moved up to doing more concerts. I am definitely a hobbyist at heart though as I will sit around on my couch watching tv always making a new cable or repairing a laser.

My pride and joy lasers are:
    ArKr Coherent I-90 putting out 3 watts at least

Coherent I-100 K3 Krypton putting out 3 watts of red although very inefficient

My dpss whitelight (sadly with Chinese lasers) but all lasers have analog modulation. 350mw 650nm 60mw 473nm 55mw 532nm so i get a true white, see pic below

Anyhow, I will try and be as helpful as I can, i still have stuff to learn myself

Default Welcome

Hi Dreambeamz & Welcome!
    I find this forum to be composed of helpful people
    without the smugness you can encounter on alt.lasers sometimes.
    Here it doesnt seem to matter if you are a newbie just starting out with a pointer & motors for galvos or if you have a DPSS whitelight with 6215s.
    Nice Graphic you posted and a nice color balance. Some day I will put together a DPSS whitelight projector. Till then ion lasers are still my source.
    Max Video

Very nice balance. That is one thing I have noticed with the DPSS lasers over the gas guzzlers. You just seem to be able to get a much better "paper" white. Plus, you don't have to lug around a 25kW generator! :roll:

David

welcome dream! Nice Colors!
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Welcome Aboard Dream Beamz

Very nicely done...
    How about some pix of your set-up !!!
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

pics of the dpss to come soon. for now here are some pics i dug up

Here is the gas mix laser in its early days of me getting it

Here is my buisness partner taking a pose next to all we have grown to love

:idea: Hey Dream.... I was Just at your website....Looks cool, BUT i was a bit concerned about one thing..I watched some of your Videos and i see beams and mirror ball bounces entering your crowds.... Do you think this is a wise thing to do? Do you understand that any one of those stray beams could seriously damage someones eyes? Just checking.... I know i go to great lengths to mask out stray reflections and if i do use a DG or other effect that will dispurse a beam spray, that i keep the stray beams to 2mw or less and make sure the beams are moving.... Im not trying to be the police here, but its all a reflection of the industry and you are selling your services, as opposed to some hobbiest that are in their living rooms... Just a few thoughts.... :-) :idea:
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

which video are you refering to, some of the videos and pictures were controlled pictures from private audiences. If your refering to mirrorball.MPG then there was no one in the club other than staff as you can see this in the video. And if your refering to the front page image then take a good look. Who looks away from a laser. I thought it would be a good idea to get a photo like that so I took a whole bunch of friends, threw a small party and took the photo in the beginning after explaining to people not to look into any part of the laser or towards the laser.

Welcome aboard Dreambeams !
    Nice toys you've got there.

We're trying to get a team of like minded Laserists together to colaborate in creating our own homegrown graphic lasershow.
    So far we have 6 confirmed contributors and have yet to choose a song or theme.
    Are you interested in joining in on this experimental project ?

Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010