Thread: Questions and Tips for a noob

Default Questions and Tips for a noob

Hi, I've created a post in March, requesting help about a good program to work in my events...

Hello, Im new in forum,

Im portuguese (sorry for my bad english) and Im newbie in laserworld / show. I'm a DJ, with my father (professional) and we want to bought a ILDA laser, Laserworld CS-500RGBV V3 Laser, my friend who sells us the material, he advised us of this laser and Mamba Black software. But I have got a Macbook and I want to work in mac but I've seen it only works on windows... true?

What software do you advise? Is to work in professional party's

P.S - Where I can download shows and animation to put in program? We have a logo, we can play on laser?

Thanks
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ghlight=pepper
    Thanks a lot to members that helped me in that post...

My new question is... the place that I buy my DJ and VJ stuffs, sold the software Phoenix 3... what do you thing about this software? (my friend, who sold that stuff advise-me that phoenix was better than pangolin)

Thanks,

Waiting for help from the PROS
    Last edited by PepperBeatz; 07-17-2011 at 11:16.

CS-500RGBV ??? From Laser****d????
    Uhmmmm....
    Bad thought....
    Sincerelly... Save your money and choose different way.
    What about to build a real RGB projector yourself?
    About Phoenix...
    I have any personal experience about it, but I think Pango FB3/QuickShow is the better cheap laser software at the present.
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

Laserworld are not well thought of on here.

The reported experience of many members on here is that they often fail to make their promised powers. Most people on here wouldn't touch one with a barge pole!!

Custom building will cost more but get you a much better quality laser.

Re Software, the Industry standard software for the last 10 years has been Pangolin LD2000 replaced only today by Pangolin's new software Beyond.

I think most people would recommend you to Pangolin not only because of class leading features such as Beam Attenuation Mapping but also because they don't charge for software updates.

Thanks for your unbiased opinion. LOL.

I have heard good things about Phoenix, but have not used it myself. There are also other possibilities from free (LFI Player), Cheap (Spaghetti), not too badly priced (LSX), and software that will lock you into a single DAC pangolin. Use the search option to research each one and make a decision after more research.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

... I finally decided... i will buy Pangolin QuickShow... and one of this "ibiza light laser" (LAS500RGB or LAS1000RGB or LAS2000RGB) what you think about this lasers?