Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone know of laser software that will work with the ishow dac?

Laser Warning anyone know of laser software that will work with the ishow dac?

hello, i am looking for some software that will work with the Ishow DAC or that is compatible with the DAC?? the Ishow software really sucks. I have downloaded the spaghetti software but for some reason it has issues with my computer. keeps coming up with error messages.

There is no other software that works with the iShow DAC other than Spaghetti.

Are you the one that sent me an email about some DirectX issues?

Default yes i did.

ya it was me. i really want to try your software cause everyone i have talked to said it is great. my directx is working on games i have, and my computer is only a couple of years old. i have 2.5 gig of memory with a 2793hz processor. i don't know what else to do. lol, i am about ready to pull my hair out..

Default spaghetti for ishow dac

spaghetti runs great on ishow dac and, in my opinion, even better than ishow.
    i have tested it on several notebooks and except for one, which also gives me errors, it runs great.

Michel

Spaghetti is the best you are going to get with the iShow DAC; I'd try to install it on a fwe computers to see if you candetermine what is causing it to error out on the one PC. To me it would be worth the effort of troubleshooting for the value of the application.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

i'll try to help troubleshoot the problem. i recently switch to a different graphics library to make things better but there have been some snafus and am still trying to hammer them all out. So, getting it to work on your computer would be good for everyone.

Default my video card

i forgot tell you that my video card is an ATI RAYDION 9250 400MHZ INTERNAL DAC. i don't know if that matters. i had the a ati 9250 in another computer that crashed. spaghetti worked on that one but i never got a chance to try it on that one. but the computer crashed before i got the ishow dac.

Just a caution to people that might look at this and think hey, I'm getting an iShow DAC.. that's a bad idea. Being TTL laser and only 8-bit (256 levels out), it's not suited for graphics and just mediocre at beams.
    There are a lot better options out there available, that cost less, too.
    It's nice that Gary has given you poor souls who have purchased iShow a new lease on DAC life, but if you don't already have one, you've been warned!

Carry on

Also keep in mind that drlava sells competing DACs and software so he is just trying to steal some biz. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Also keep in mind that drlava sells competing DACs and software so he is just trying to steal some biz. Carry on.
    Steal some biz? From the Chinese? STEAL biz? Anyone can jump in and confirm what I said is true. If that was a sales post, there would have at least been a mention of what was being sold, wouldn't one think? As it stands, what anyone else sells would be better than the iShow.