View Poll Results: Do you believe Build a Pulse Laser Pistol at Home is suitable here at PL?

Voters
261979. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 0.00%
  • No

34 0.01%
  • None of the above

5 0.00%
  • I am a banana.

261,928 99.98%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Building a Pulse Laser Pistol at Home belongs on PhotonLexicon?

I can't see him in the members list.

Maybe he got a Ninja Clue by Four!

Either that or he got wiped:

You guys all have very valid points on this pulse laser pistel, I my self think the inventer did a great job on the ray gun, yea its dangerous and I am sure he is aware of its hazerd potentiel, If not the new laws going into effect will certanley school him when he crosses the line with it. bbut as far as ware and what forum to post this type of build. PL is a graet place to post this type of divice. Lets take a look at it, We all pretty much like any and all laser divices weather they make dancing beams and or graphics or just a spot on the wall moving acrossed a potted plant, havent you noticed that who ever has the laser ( the laser operater "LSO") and all the rest of us that happen to be thier at the time will all look and follow the path of the beam line as though it was the first time exsposure to the Gods light... Besides we all learn from all that is posted weather its good, bad or indefrent! I like any and all lasers even the invisables peak my intrest. how cool to have a divice like that that is capable of so much harm if used in that fashion (EVIL) Other than that its a great dust collector if it is not in the lock gun cabinet. As for the safty issuse on its demo, (I have not seen it yet in its demo mode) Just reflect back to any of the LEMs some of us have protisepated in. I my self witnested !0 watt multy beam lines yag/nag and argon lasers firing into a concreat wall and watched the concreat pop and pit from the extreme heat generated by the laser beam line as the I.R. in the beam lines splashed on the wall, 10 Watts!! no laser safty glasses where used and thair was my buddy Marc (C.T. LASERS) was bent over and very happely so Tweeking and tunning the laser to obtain max performance, not to menchin the small crowed huddeled around in absolute mezmerized, intreeged and had no sence of the laser splash that was going on in I.R. much less the blue and green multiple beam lines splashing off the wall at the same time. Sure no body complaind of any injuries to skin and eyes so I asume that nobody got hurt in any way except for the envy, wish full thinking of have a large laser head such as that. I for one would not have missed Marc tikering on that light bering monster for the world. It was agreat learnning exsperance for me, For Buffo, Gototluvlasrs,for allthatwitchis, BeaMann, and the list gose on. I look foward to doing another SELEM again! We were doing audiance scanning with " I belive was a three watt 532Nm and few one watters all going on at the same time. Don't think they were bright, well my wife who is 96% blind ( limited to very little periferal vision thats at best a white blob of unintelageble mass of light that has no shape or direction or mass.
    got to see the laser lights projecting pretty much all over her upper body mostly her face was absolutly overjoyed and still talks about that exsperance to day. nobody at PL is a F'en Idiot or stupid we are all learned and about to learn so lets give the guy a break, com'on! He did do neat thing, It is a shame it has to set on a shelf collecting dust becuse it is inpractical to be a off the self dangerous over powerd colored flash light with a hair trigger! What ever happened to the guy and his 24 one watt 445Nm laser diode cannon? Did he get a bad blasting as well? is he still posting on PL, LPF? I would like to see a 24 watt laser cannon function ounce or twice. That 500,000 tera watt diode laser the Navy has been playing with wont blind you, you would be vaporized to no existance long befor you went blind. Boy I would love to cheak that bad ass bitch out! would'nt you? What a jeffy pop that would be! You boys have schooled me from "Look a lasure, to wow its a coherent light sorce of a high order of magnitude with apacific wave band. Lets just shcool him and all, not scoled and alienate . We were all once over joyed over a 100Mw hand held that got us to seek more input on the fabulus colored ray of light that would go exactly were we put it on any thing and every thing. even casey stack could'nt resist the temptation to point awe with a laser pointer ( in this case a yellow hand held) at the hotel and at the resturant. One of my best time in my life was SELEM With Spec ,Adam and Pl laser gang whant to do it again providing work and the ecconomy lets me. Fuck that! I am Going next year even if I have to walk and hand guid my wife to N.C. to be thair! Don't fight the newbees, invite invation ,craetive thinking,artfull interpatation and most of all t thik past the ray of light so all and any who view the light don't walk away in permanet night. I love you all guys, for we all have the greatest thing in common, the LOVE of that coherent laser light.
    At least, I think, he dosent belive that 120 volts A/C is the RMS standared through out the united states and that if the DMM reading the sinewave at anythig different is falty meter as an ass from LPF told me so " I was talking out my ass, again and onother bully stated that I was obviously not a aircraft pilot becuse they would never fire a gun at a landing strip to chase off bird hazards for the departing and ariving air trafic that might be jeperdized by a flock of panicing birds being engin ingested. So Befor things get fukt up,Think , GO TO THE LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just don't look directly at it!!!!!!!!
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Lightbulb Umm...

Hey Sir Emory...

Good to see you pop-up again, here...

Quote Originally Posted by beamann View Post
    You guys all have very valid points on this pulse laser pistel,.....but as far as ware and what forum to post this type of build. PL is a graet place to post this type of divice.
    Well, really, I don't think very many really were so-concerned about the *project*, in and of itself, being "dangerous" - as was correctly pointed-out, many, here, work with HV and high-power KTPs, etc, and other-such dangers... ie:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07399.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	149.2 KB 
ID:	26171Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07401.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	26172 yeah...480V AC @ 100A / leg, w 600V DC, under the hood... all with water running thru it @ 80psi - are we on CRACK??? :P

...but the fact that a) instead of simply taking the community's input on his project and saying, ie: '..thanks for the good points, yes, I should re-do the video wearing goggles to demo my 'safety-first message', etc' he, calmly, but quite-arrogantly decided to take the entire community to the 'mat' and justify every nuance of the things he did *wrong*...

...and, b) Since, at the end of the day, this *is* Admins' forum - if Admin does not like having the 'risk' of hosting info on "Building a... (whatever-kind) Laser PISTOL at Home" on his highly search-engine-favorite site - that's HIS call, and, really NO ONE has-place to question his motives or rationale.. It's really that simple. And, we all know he is *NOT* a 'dictator' about it - he is VERY tolerant towards many, many (..I"m still here, for example.. ) and he gives everyone a fair chance to 'find their place' and be a positive-contributor. I think his desicion was wholly-fair, and, even if I or others didn't, well... It ain't our 'house'.

Anyhoo, moving-on.. Good to see you around, and, sorry to say, but I most-likely won't see you at SELEM, as I'll be busy with Family-visits, etc, but I am sure this year will be no-less memorable / fun than all others... And I see that Sir Tim Walsh is looking to be there - what a treat you guys are in for! He's a master with fiber-heads, among many other facets of laser shows / fx... He'll certainly stoke the fires of the 'lumia and other classic-fx renaissance' and be a great-resource for all on safety / best-practices, and many other gems from his seasoned-well of experience..

Hey - did you ever get that logo-design you were looking to get done? If not, I'd be happy to toss ya a couple designs... PM me if ya wish... If not, or yer set, cool, too..

Take care!
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Oh my...

How the Trolls run amok...

And who won?

Troll: 42 Brazillion
    PL: 64 Photillion.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Oh my...

How the Trolls run amok...
    ..sheesh Wayne, I *was* trying to change the channel, a little...

Here, lemme try again:

..better?

j

I am a bananna.

But bananas leave me constipated !
    Couldn't we be some other more fibre healthy form of fruit ? Like some berries or cherries or ... I've heard of Kiwis before ... just don't make it kumquats ! Just thinking of the ramifications of telling somebody that we've been referred to as that (try saying it out loud to yourself.) could prove very embarrassing. "You're a WHAT ?"

Smile I am a Bunny...

Good Sir Steve-o -

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    I am a bananna.
    Mmm, are you a banana, or were you actually confessing to be of the Brotherhood of The Bandanna, and simply forgot the 'd'? Or was it, indeed, that you are a "bananna", Official Fan of Bananarama

Quote Originally Posted by ShortyInCanada View Post
    But bananas leave me constipated!
    Try washing them down with 1x 8 oz. glass of magnesium citrate, that'll clear that right up... Just make sure you only do it on a day when you will *not* be entering a crowded elevator, 30-min after your 'snack'...

cheers..
    j

Fine.. here I have already done it. See this weapon on the Discovery Channels show " The Science of Star Wars " No kiddin..

Name:	6620_1169212984482_1052694913_30494334_4849356_n.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	26173

Quote Originally Posted by nuphotonix View Post
    Fine.. here I have already done it. See this weapon on the Discovery Channels show " The Science of Star Wars " No kiddin..

Name:	6620_1169212984482_1052694913_30494334_4849356_n.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	26173
    Yea but that is nothing compared to a pulsed IR laser pistol. Even if that one produced a full watt, which is looks like it doesn't, that's still 10 times less than the potential power of the "range finder" gun homebrew made and the one you are showing is green light which can be seen along with our eyes having a blink reflex to.