View Poll Results: Do you believe Build a Pulse Laser Pistol at Home is suitable here at PL?

Voters
261979. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 0.00%
  • No

34 0.01%
  • None of the above

5 0.00%
  • I am a banana.

261,928 99.98%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Do you think Building a Pulse Laser Pistol at Home belongs on PhotonLexicon?

Well now. I've just heard the ELO song "Roll over Beethoven" so now I'm feeling a little Ba-na-na-na myself.

Ba-na-na-na.
    Ba-na-na-na.

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hey Sir Emory...

Good to see you pop-up again, here...

Well, really, I don't think very many really were so-concerned about the *project*, in and of itself, being "dangerous" - as was correctly pointed-out, many, here, work with HV and high-power KTPs, etc, and other-such dangers... ie:

Attachment 26171Attachment 26172 yeah...480V AC @ 100A / leg, w 600V DC, under the hood... all with water running thru it @ 80psi - are we on CRACK??? :P

...but the fact that a) instead of simply taking the community's input on his project and saying, ie: '..thanks for the good points, yes, I should re-do the video wearing goggles to demo my 'safety-first message', etc' he, calmly, but quite-arrogantly decided to take the entire community to the 'mat' and justify every nuance of the things he did *wrong*...

...and, b) Since, at the end of the day, this *is* Admins' forum - if Admin does not like having the 'risk' of hosting info on "Building a... (whatever-kind) Laser PISTOL at Home" on his highly search-engine-favorite site - that's HIS call, and, really NO ONE has-place to question his motives or rationale.. It's really that simple. And, we all know he is *NOT* a 'dictator' about it - he is VERY tolerant towards many, many (..I"m still here, for example.. ) and he gives everyone a fair chance to 'find their place' and be a positive-contributor. I think his desicion was wholly-fair, and, even if I or others didn't, well... It ain't our 'house'.

Anyhoo, moving-on.. Good to see you around, and, sorry to say, but I most-likely won't see you at SELEM, as I'll be busy with Family-visits, etc, but I am sure this year will be no-less memorable / fun than all others... And I see that Sir Tim Walsh is looking to be there - what a treat you guys are in for! He's a master with fiber-heads, among many other facets of laser shows / fx... He'll certainly stoke the fires of the 'lumia and other classic-fx renaissance' and be a great-resource for all on safety / best-practices, and many other gems from his seasoned-well of experience..

Hey - did you ever get that logo-design you were looking to get done? If not, I'd be happy to toss ya a couple designs... PM me if ya wish... If not, or yer set, cool, too..

Take care!
    j
    Yes it feels good to back in company, thank you!
    yes I agree it is SPECS house and I would exspect nothing less in my house! SPEC has created a great thing here "PL"
    So I have no problem when he makes his CALL.
    I don't belive I'll beable to make SELEM this year either, but it could still happen. any of you guys reading thie that have never been to LEM, DO IT! YOU NEED TO GO!!
    I my self would like to meet Walsh!

No I have not got a set logo but was thincking of a logo like my addvertizement openning scine of Zuse throwing a bolt of enlightenment to the public. I would most deffenetly would like to see your out of the box Ideas of some logos, That would be great!!
    How is that monster 3W 532 doing? Its good to hear from you.
    About that ray gun, I am very open minded and look at all aspects on both sides, and duing so educates me more than anythig eles in life, so in that having the knowledge and or a ready made ray gun just might be a good thing for if and whin the space invaders come, HA,HA,HA!!!
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

OMG! Poor cat, I wounder if that Cat will ever do that again, I can't stop laghing, damnit! Did it live through the head trama, any body know? LOL, LOL, LOL!
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Yeah, lol, I was wondering too if that poor animal lived thru that .. heh .. heh .. fuunny shit, that . . , innit?

The cat on the ceiling fan video is a hoax. It's a doctored video that was originally produced for a Nokia cell phone ad. Then it went viral. But the cat never actually went for a spin, so it never was in any danger of being hurt.

Link: http://www.snopes.com/photos/advertisements/nokia.asp

Adam

Spoil sport!

For that, I shall recreate with one of the four cats here.

I just have to wait for the cat owners to go out (my 2 daughters).

:evilgrin:
    Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    The cat on the ceiling fan video is a hoax. It's a doctored video that was originally produced for a Nokia cell phone ad. Then it went viral. But the cat never actually went for a spin, so it never was in any danger of being hurt.

Link: http://www.snopes.com/photos/advertisements/nokia.asp

Adam
    This space for rent.

don't forget to take pictures .. (so we have plenty of documentation) ..