Thread: 445 glove... *face palm*

Default 445 glove... *face palm*

Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Laser Warning ..speaking of wt****???...

...the latest piece of Chinese Brilliance:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laserball.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	359.7 KB 
ID:	26042

...Laser Mace?? Why not just drive a bloody *laser-tank* into the club, and just blast away??... I mean, even with 'hot' audience-scanning, the beam *is* moving, and quite-fast... even mirror-balls will 'blow-out' the beams, somewhat, especially the more off-angle they-are... this thing...is just.......

...and guess what kiddies, it's only just a 'hair-over' 5-10mW: 200mw red, 300mw blue and 50mw green!! Just brilliant... good job, China!

...Oh, sure - it's a 'mesmerizing effect' (ie: ever see a 9-10 line ion-WL beam hit a burst-grating or thru very HQ HOE??) but only in the hands of a professional or 'seasoned' SOMEbody, who will at least have SOME 'clue' - NOT IN THE HANDS OF EVERY FRIGGING eBAYING 'TIMMY THISISSOCOOL'!!

And yes - this thing would-be amazing-looking in a 10K-capacity room / arena (ie: the EuroRaves, etc) but at least, there, there'd be some 'separation', between it and the eyeballs... but you just *know* this thing will show up, here, in every 10'-ceiling'd micro-club...

Sorry - nothing personal or 'political', but the PROC *is* going to destroy (what's left of) the laser-show biz in this country... at least for installs...

...I know - why don't we just say 'screw it' and go the way of Intergnat Lazors and and all the other über-liberals: Club Ciego! Pass-out 2W 445 Sith-stiks and these 'iron man' palm-pieces at the door, and have silicone-bimbos battling it out on platforms with those "MegaWatt" pulse-guns, to see who can 'pop the others chest', first... ...And this can be the centerpiece!! With a 8kW per-pulse CuBr raining-blindness from each subwoofer cabinet and a 60W KTP nailing planes and choppers from the rooftop...

Sorry, I'm probably 'projecting' the weeks' stresses, here, but this thing - at these powers - is just plain STUPID. Imo.

OK, Bye.
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 07-20-2011 at 11:00. Reason: added more obnoxious sarcasm
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Maybe you aren't taking the BIG picture into consideration...
    Perhaps this is yet another Chinese government sponsored part of a huge plot to take over the world without one of those huge messy and prohibitively expensive wars.
    Just keep "developing" and putting up for sale all kinds of products that people will PAY YOU for so that they can render themselves unproductive, lazy, and more all in the name of "entertainment".
    First it's video games to make you sedentary.
    Then it's bright lighting and lasers to destroy your visual capabilities.
    And they designed & built most of the technology to "assist" those who are becoming more and more afflicted with the effects from it all....
    OH NO !
    What could be NEXT !

What do you guys mean by Chinese...
    That thing is built by a German kid...
    AnselmoFanZero is a member of another Laser Forum...

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Hey Sir Jerry -

Quote Originally Posted by lasersbee View Post
    What do you guys mean by Chinese...
    AnselmoFanZero is a member of another Laser Forum...
    Yeah, I think 'Get Shorty' there was commenting on my post (#3) about the Chinsese 'blinder-ball', there... it was put in this thread, in-context with another 'face palm' project...

I think Mr. Zero's projects are quite brilliant (literally... (..save-for his 'MEGA WATT' pulse-gun... yeah - MW's of bat-guano, maybe... but the 'issue' I take,
    as have-others, is in him wholesale peddling such products - or, even the plans, for-such.

If he wants to make these for himself, fine... even if he was selling to, say, SFX Companies, for use in film / tv, etc - where, likely, he'd be selling to people *with*
    a clue about safety, etc - people already working with pyro / high-voltage / riggers, etc, - those types of people, are for-whom it's not a 'big-stretch' to learn the unique-aspects of laser-safety (vs, say, pyro, etc) then, at-least you can feel 'confident' that they most-likely have the 'proper attitude' / respect for it all (..the foundation of being safe with dangerous-fx, etc...)

It's just that, (imo) when you have a mass-access-audience, like via YukTube, you have no-control over where those plans / units get sold, and no way to 'verify' the buyer, is-indeed, likely-gonna be repsonsible, with it. Of course, he can't *control* that, any-more than you can *control* or prevent a certified pyro-guy, for example, deciding to 'go off the ranch' and blow up a nightclub, etc - but, you certainly stand a better chance of 'selling responsibly', if you know your buyer - at least to some-extent (ie: age-verification, fwiw.. vs just selling this sort of product / plans to whomever / wherever, all for the gain of it, with a 'devil-may-care' attitude,
    as he as displayed in some of his posts.

Not 'directing' this at *you*, just commenting on that guys' projects... The more of these 'types' of projects that are sold out there, the greater the % of risk goes-up that SOME bozo will cause an injury / incident, that ends-up snowballing into a France-style clampdown, for *all* of us, and NONE of us want MORE Regs. etc.
    Age-old argument, I know, but again - solo mis dos centavos.

cheers, Jer..
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 07-22-2011 at 16:14. Reason: sp
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hey Sir Jerry -

Yeah, I think 'Get Shorty' there was commenting on my post (#3) about the Chinsese 'blinder-ball', there... it was put in this thread, in-context with another 'face palm' project...

I think Mr. Zero's projects are quite brilliant (literally... (..save-for his 'MEGA WATT' pulse-gun... yeah - MW's of bat-guano, maybe... but the 'issue' I take,
    as have-others, is in him wholesale peddling such products - or, even the plans, for-such.

If he wants to make these for himself, fine... even if he was selling to, say, SFX Companies, for use in film / tv, etc - where, likely, he'd be selling to people *with*
    a clue about safety, etc - people already working with pyro / high-voltage / riggers, etc, - those types of people, are for-whom it's not a 'big-stretch' to learn the unique-aspects of laser-safety (vs, say, pyro, etc) then, at-least you can feel 'confident' that they most-likely have the 'proper attitude' / respect for it all (..the foundation of being safe with dangerous-fx, etc...)

It's just that, (imo) when you have a mass-access-audience, like via YukTube, you have no-control over where those plans / units get sold, and no way to 'verify' the buyer, is-indeed, likely-gonna be repsonsible, with it. Of course, he can't *control* that, any-more than you can *control* or prevent a certified pyro-guy, for example, deciding to 'go off the ranch' and blow up a nightclub, etc - but, you certainly stand a better chance of 'selling responsibly', if you know your buyer - at least to some-extent (ie: age-verification, fwiw.. vs just selling this sort of product / plans to whomever / wherever, all for the gain of it, with a 'devil-may-care' attitude,
    as he as displayed in some of his posts.

Not 'directing' this at *you*, just commenting on that guys' projects... The more of these 'types' of projects that are sold out there, the greater the % of risk goes-up that SOME bozo will cause an injury / incident, that ends-up snowballing into a France-style clampdown, for *all* of us, and NONE of us want MORE Regs. etc.
    Age-old argument, I know, but again - solo mis dos centavos.

cheers, Jer..
    j
    I was just saying the guy was not Chinese but German...

As to your position of these dangerous device that can be built or bought
    by anyone with $$$ and at least 1 brain cell... I can't agree more...

The only thing that is fueling these irresponsible projects available to the
    moronic masses is $$$$$... IMO

This will only make it worse for the rest of us when things go horribly wrong...

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Oh we are all so F^cked.... Just going to take one sue happy person and a news media to get big brothers attention.

At this rate, we might as well make a pair of glasses that have 1watt blues pointing straight into the retina. (even if that was made, I bet a 1watt RGB projector, that someone would buy it and use it)

My light-hearted comments were concerning the "laser-mace" pictures shown.

The palm lasers are quite the feat of engineering and building prowess. Far better than anything I am willing to take on at this time.

So how do you say "Great job !" in German ?