Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: indoor beamshow questions

^^^^^^^ What he said about the canned smoke

Also, be very aware that if you have fans on your projector you'll risk sucking in the canned smoke. Unless you have a fully sealed optics chamber it will coat all of your optics

I use my unique hazer indoor without any problem (or latent smell). Just don't set it going with the fan and pump on 100%, I did this once and within seconds you couldn't see an inch in front of your face
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

no garage here, sorry but this is the netherlands and in a city it is very expensive, i have a small garden and outside the smoke dissapears too soon.
    Have a small building for the bicycles so perhaps that is an option and today, my wife is at work, i will put some smoke in the room and open the doors afterwards, if she does not notice any it (read "I") will be safe ;-)

the fazer i use has, as far as i know, room friendly fluid ;-)

still thinking about the aquarium aproach to have a small but video friendly box to beam through.

Michel

Michel

TBH Michael, non of the fluids are room friendly.

The water based ones are burnt sugar effectively and hydrophilic (attract water) so can in theory attract water and rot furnishings. Never had that problem but....

Secondly, the burnt sugar particles will settle into soft furnishings such as carpets and curtains and smell like, well burnt sugar smoke!

My advice, get one of those fabric deodorising sprays and be prepared to spray the room down afterwards.

One good thing if you quickly vac the carpet and curtains 1st and then spray them, with the smell from the spray, you can fool your wife into believing you've cleaned the whole room top to bottom whilst she was at work. That's got to be worth some brownie points!

Really, I think you are being alarmist.

The amount of fog required to see some beams in a small dark room is tiny, so the risk to furnishings etc is almost non-existent. Use a small fan to disperse the fog better too.

If it is a problem, you're using too much fog.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Just making him aware of the pitfalls.

I've had no problems with rot but have had problems with persistent smell when using fog indoors with the Laserworld I had.

I thing different fog juices do different things. I have a cheap walmart hallloween fogger and have used it for hours in my lil bedroom office with no problems and none of the furniture or carpet has soaked up the slight burnt sugar smell. Smells a bit more like butterscotch to me, but again it doesn't smell like anything in my room today after using it two days ago. My only problem with it is the fog doesn't have good enough hang time for me; the smoke from the herbal relaxant I recent stopped using had much better staying power...

Ordinary table sugar is 'sucrose'. Most hazers use 'Glycol', which although it tastes sweet is actually toxic. Therefore we're talking about tow completely different substances. Glycol is also a desiccant, so it's really pretty unlikely to affect soft furnishings unless used in too much of a concentrated solution in a hazer. Keep the fog/haze to low levels and you'll be absolutely fine.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I've done many house parties and never had a problem. ...Unless the fogger (or fluid) isn't very gpod, clogged up or not heating the fluid properly of course.

I was using Jem fluid so no cheap stuff but could definitely smell it faintly for months after having had several short plays.

However, it was liveable with.

I use my Antari 1200Z (a *large* fogger) in my living room all the time. Prior to that, I had a cheap Chauvet fogger that I used. I've been running a fogger in my house for over a decade with no problems to the furniture or the lamp fixtures.

Don't use too much. Once the beams are visible, you've got enough. And when you're done, turn on a fan in the room and it will clear out the fog in a few minutes. Open a window, and it will be gone even faster. Just watch out that you don't set off your smoke detector. (Either pull the battery out or cover it with a damp cloth.)

Premium fog juice helps (I like Froggy's Swamp Juice the best), but even the cheap halloween fog solution they sell at Walmart is fine. If you are getting residue on your furniture, you're either using an oil-based hazer or you are doing something wrong with your fogger.

Adam