Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D Laser Display Software

Default 3D Laser Display Software

I dont think this has been posted before.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lfiplayer3d

Is this just an ILDA file viewer, or is it designed to work with a DAC to drive a set of scanners? I didn't see much information about the software on the linked page. What DAC(s) does it support?

LFI Player is a Windows based 3D laser display software program, designed to be used with a variety of laser display output devices, including the RIYA PCI Pro card, RIYA USB device, Laser Illusions GWS ISA card, and a number of BSOFT ISA cards. LFI Player now also supports a USB DAC board being developed by ACCES I/O.
    It allows you to create free-running (i.e. unsynchronized) laser “shows” using a rich set of scripting commands. In addition, you can assign up to 48 “shows” (i.e. sequences of commands) to be triggered via live buttons on a GUI console, hot keys, or a MIDI device, giving you significant live performance control. LFI Player also provides hot key control of most of the on screen controls.
    Other features of the software include:
    * 3D laser display and extensive 3D manipulations, including (but not limited to) zoom, rotate (about each axis), and the ability to move the “from” (i.e. viewers) points and “at” (i.e. focal) points in all directions.
    * Compound (i.e. simultaneous) display and 3D manipulations. For example you can rotate about multiple axes and zoom and fade in/out all at the same time.
    * Independent multi-tracking up to 4 tracks.
    * Simultaneous or independent manipulation of up to 4 tracks.
    * Fades (in and out).
    * Cross fading between tracks.
    * True 3D edge clipping (especially useful if you want to zoom in and/or through an image).
    * An abstract control console for creating full color 3D abstract patterns, including sine beams. Abstracts created or modified with the control console can be saved to different files, retrieved, and are treated like any other track so that they can be manipulated in 3D, faded, etc., and/or combined with other abstracts and/or ILDA frames.
    * Ability to “record” the laser display to an ILDA file. This is a nifty way to create and store (in a standard format) ILDA animations and the cool LFI Player abstracts and sine beams you create.
    * Drag and rotate/spin the images displayed in one or more tracks1. This can be done even when a script is executing. Variable drag speed and inertia values (selected from the user preferences) allow you to “grab” the objects in the tracks and not only rotate them, but to spin them in all axes (sort of like spin the bottle in 3D space) ☺
    from the manual 8)

They really ought to have some of that information on the download page itself. I assume you downloaded the package and then found the manual in the zip file.

Kinda backwards if you ask me - most people at least put *some* info on the main page, or at least a separate link to the manual so you can read what it does before you download and install it.

In any event, it mentioned the "laser illusions ISA card"... I've never heard of such a thing. Anyone ever use one of these? Were they made by Rick Gebhardt?

There was a post to alt.lasers a while ago about this. There was also stuff in laserist not so long about LFI player

Btw, it looks like pretty decient software. At one stage we were toying with the idea of getting the easylase dac running with it, but both of us are too busy these days..

Who is a visual C master around here
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I still have one of the old GWS isa cards ..... and in its time was a great card .... but as the surrounding hardwares improved it became more difficult to find a motherboard with an ISA slot, and new hardware caused conflicts etc yes it was made by rick ( who is a great guy ) when i upgraded my operating system to windoze 98 and had issues with outputting to the card he re wrote the GWS software for it and even did me a special version of the alphalite software to run on it, in fact i was so impressed i upgraded to Alphalite Pro hardware .....

Back to this LFI freeware software ... i have seen this before a few months back ..... it was writted by a laser display company that then decided to move to another platform .... so the author decided to put it on the public domain with the source code ..... But with the understanding there will be NO SUPPORT or software updates ......ever .....

maybe someone will take it on as a project and develop it further

all the best ........... Banthai Lasers

interesting software.

anybody know an ilda file player/browser to easyly find frame.
    like an explorer with animated thumbnail ?

Default ilda file/anim preview software

Rick wrote a small utility for me a while back that would plot files that were saved in the Eclipse Technologies custom file format. The ouput was drawn in a small window on the desktop. Don't know if that little utility will read standard ILDA files or not though. When I get home I'll check.

On the other hand, the demo version of the Alphalite software (available for free download at www.laserillusions.com) will load and display ilda files on screen - in full color - even if you don't have the Alphalite hardware hooked up. So you can use it as a file previewer. And I know it will read ilda files!

Adam

yes alphalite is my actual solution but i think there is simple software for that like Insight but for multiple ilda

How about Anarchy.. that can open and browse lots of ilda frames
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com