Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quad stacking systems New version.

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post
    He is just pissed off with the heavy criticism since (as taggalucci pointed out,) he is a designer NOT a business man !
    I think that for him money is just an intermediate state of funding leading to the next purchase of bits for the next design.
    He doesn't treat it with the same respect as those who complain about him, much the same occurs with time!
    Are you saying he provided less than satisfactory customer service because he's a "designer" so we should just shrug it off and.....? Just because one's idea of dealing with (OTHER PEOPLE'S) money is different than everyone else, doesn't make it right.

When attempting to defend someone in a public setting, it's best to be able to point out why they're innocent. Making excuses for why they're not just looks funny, ya know?

- Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    Are you saying he provided less than satisfactory customer service because he's a "designer" so we should just shrug it off and.....? Just because one's idea of dealing with (OTHER PEOPLE'S) money is different than everyone else, doesn't make it right.
    When attempting to defend someone in a public setting, it's best to be able to point out why they're innocent. Making excuses for why they're not just looks funny, ya know?
    - Jonathan
    First out ... I am not attempting to defend him at all I am simply expressing a personal opinion !

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what his commitments are or to whom they are owed !

If I did have, I might well be tempted to defend him simply because a few people seem to be attacking him right now.

By the looks of things you personally are also pretty hell bent on attacking me as well .....just because I like the guy !

If it "looks funny" to you, maybe it is just your personal perspective !

I have my own views on things, and couldn't give a tinkers cuss whether they coincide with those of a perceived majority !

Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 08-11-2011 at 13:39. Reason: Happy Birthday

I know how I'd feel if I had paid hard earned money ages ago, still not received my purchased items and no clear end of the saga in sight to me finally getting my property.

It's ok for those who have been lucky enough to receive their kits, spare a thought for those still without them.

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    I know how I'd feel if I had paid hard earned money ages ago, still not received my purchased items and no clear end of the saga in sight to me finally getting my property.

It's ok for those who have been lucky enough to receive their kits, spare a thought for those still without them.
    I do understand where you are coming from mate!
    I paid for two kits via paypal on 3rd May .... I still have not received them and I am in EU (almost next door in Aussie terms) .... so please don't think this is a case of "I'm all right jack"

As I already pointed out to Platinum... I am NOT defending Johan ... I am merely stating my opinion based on many years of experience interacting with young people.
    I like his designs.... I think he is honest ... I think he is rather to ambitious in terms of the speed he wants to develop stuff at and I also think that any delays that he suffers at the hands of his suppliers get passed on to his "clients" since he appears to be running on a shoe string.

The only advantage for these clients is the quality/price relationship which is pretty good for a hobbyist.

If some of his clients (like me) are slotting his stuff into commercial ventures and therefore are considerably and adversely affected by any delays, we should be able to absorb this with a reasonable amount of patience.

Hobbyists NEED access to this type of well designed gear even if it means waiting.

Piling on the pressure will NOT help them at all IMHO, ... however looking for a solution might !

I am unaware of the details involved in this GB other than what I have been able to read (the same as you, probably ) and while I think your advice is good, I sense a great deal of hostility within other PL members and a tendency to take the moral high ground which I (personally) find tedious.

I am sure you can read between the lines well enough to see how Johan's limited ability to express himself is causing a great deal of rumpus. I have the same problem myself when trying to communicate with him.
    All I am saying is ....let him try and sort it out .... which I personally can see is exactly what he is trying to do .... without steamrolling him unnecessarily into a corner.

PL members tend to be very generous (some incredibly so) so why not extend some of that generosity (in terms of patience NOT $) to someone who right now has his back against the wall, despite apparently having made every attempt to alleviate his clients problems by sending the eagerly awaited quads to a fellow PL member in USA when his communications with Adam hit an impasse in a critical moment.

Cheers

SOLD OUT SORRY