Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quad stacking systems New version.

Default Quad stacking systems New version.

Hello guys

I have developed a new stacking system and to keep the development train going i decided to sell them.

The stacking system are 4 mirrormounts that can slide over the horizontal axis and secured by a big bolt. This is perfect for setting the
    mirror mounts in position. Once the mirormounts are in the right position you can raise the diodemount to the preferred heigh to shoot over
    the mirror from the mount before that. Because the big bolt bolts everything together nothing moves. Rob stanwax has a quad red and he was very impressed with the stability. The system is that stable in alignemt that even when it gets over 60 degrees nothing moves
    The colour of the baseplate is matched with the quad that your building. There will be a 4 channel driver available. Each channel can drive one diode up to 2.5 amp. It will also have a suppression for the blue diodes so there is no faint light when there is no modulation.
    Building a red module willl get you a 3.5 x 3.5 beam with 0.65mrd With this system you can also build an RB module to get you that tiny system. I can also deliver an 8 combiner but that is more for the experianced builder. Stacking 8 of them is not that easyHobbybob will pick up his 8 combiner doing 1.6 watt of red. Do a mix of 2 open cans and 2 637,s or even 4 opencans and 4 637,s. Its all possible with this system The 8 combiner comes without a baseplate so only the stacking system. The size of the internal part is 50mm in lenght. The total baseplate is 70mm x90mm

This Kit comes with the following parts:

1 stacking system including baseplate with either a blue or red baseplate.
    4 electronic circuitboards to connect the diodes and lasorbs with your driver.
    4 screwretainers for holding optima lenses so no glueing is required
    4 mirrors for red or blue

Optional: Black anodisized topcover made out of 1 piece solid alluminium
    4 channel high side driver up to 2.5 amps per channel. Input voltage 6-24 volt
    Red lenses

I can deliver them from stock so there is no waiting for manufacturing this time.

Prices :

KIT will be 200 euro incl shipping and paypal fees.

Optional cover: 50 euro,s
    Lenses: 92 euro,s

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1090324.JPG  

P1090325.JPG  

P1090326.JPG  

P1090327.JPG  

P1090330.JPG  

P1090221.JPG  

P1090220.JPG  

P1090208.JPG  

P1090263.JPG  

P1090251.JPG  

Last edited by edison; 10-05-2011 at 09:06.

Hey edison, looking good. Can you give a comparison chart between these and the older version?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

This system is more flexible in therms of stacking. Every diode can be set in height by its own while the other system has 2 diodes that can be stacked on another 2. Its possible to shoot 2 pairs of stacked beams in a PBS to get a Super thight beam. That is not possible with the
    system from the KIT of the groupbuy. But the KIT is just another way of stacking. Both systems are very stable in alligment because they have the same
    mirrormount
    Last edited by edison; 07-28-2011 at 09:08.

*drool*........

are the drivers also available together with the kit?

yes badpip is working hard to finish it so he can start with mass production :-)

Looking great johan, i like the uber univerasal way. You can just mix and match any setup you pefer.

About hobbybobs 1.6w, what is the current you give each diode?

So you could run this as a Red and Blue in one box?

I need to hit the lotto so I can feed this addiction.

Thanks, I will bring some kits to the Lem to show how it works. The current per diode was 360ma. I didn,t use peltiers underneath the one from Hobbybob. Didn,t have enough peltiers at themoment. Yes you can mix red and blue in a setup but you need to balance the number of 637,s with 1 445 diode. But yes this system is very flexible Took me quite some time and prototypes to get to this point. Don,t aks me even about the costs. But i,m almost there where i want to be.

looks expensive lol