Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Help - QS & Morphing

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    really? I was trying to figure out how to export something from QS and I could not for the life of me figure it out lol
    I wasn't sure whether to give this a reply as I wasn't sure if this was sarcastic or genuine. I know I'm not the most popular person around here as I tend to say what I think and I'm around way too much....But in the spirit of being helpful, there are 2 ways of saving cues:

    1. In the editor (whichever type of cue it is eg. synth in synth editor, Animation in Draw Editor, click save symbol or File > Save or Save as Selected Frames. You can then save the cue out but only in the format its already in eg Synth with save out as .qsyn, abstract as .qabs, ect.

    2. Method 2, click on the cue in the workspace, then at the top of the page File > Export Cue, select the length then click next then you can save as an LD2000 File Note File.

    ILDA has been no longer available as an export format for many builds.

    Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Am I right in thinking that morphing only works when manually changing a cue, but not with VLJ?
    Yep.

    I think its probably because VLJ is supposed to beat reactive and in fast changing selections every 1 or 2 beats, with high tempo music there wouldn't be time for the transition to take place.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    2. Method 2, click on the cue in the workspace, then at the top of the page File > Export Cue, select the length then click next then you can save as an LD2000 File Note File.
    awesome, I was hoping I could play my QS shows via my QM since it just seems the output of the QM looks better.. not sure if thats my imagination though..

    unfortunately exporting it as a series of frames made the file huge... so I can't load it in my QM's memory

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Am I right in thinking that morphing only works when manually changing a cue, but not with VLJ?
    No, Morphing does in actual fact work with VLJ, at least it seems to do when based on BPM input. Not so sure about sound activated input as I can't get it to work with my Vista laptop (Not QS's fault).
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    No, Morphing does in actual fact work with VLJ, at least it seems to do when based on BPM input. Not so sure about sound activated input as I can't get it to work with my Vista laptop (Not QS's fault).
    I stand corrected. 2nd time I tried it after reading Jem's reply it did work and it does work on sound activated as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •