Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help; Laser Shows for donations to get me to after-SELEM LSO traiing.

Laser Warning Help; Laser Shows for donations to get me to after-SELEM LSO traiing.

Greetings Everyone,

I have been thinking about how to do this for a while; asking for help doesn't come easy for me. Some of you may know I lost my job in early March of this year... due to actions of my own and that I have since been " self rehabilitated".

Since the job front is a little slim, I have registered my own S Corporation, Allthatwhichis Technologies Inc., to do... anything related to technology, but mainly computer repair, network installation, laser show production/creation. I have my projector and show accession numbers and am waiting on both Variances to do laser advertising at a couple of monthly local events.

My purpose for this thread is to request help from the community to get funds up to take the after-SELEM LSO course so I can feel a bit more confident doing the laser advertising. My goal was to release my first 10 laser shows for free to the community, but with my current employment situation I may come up a bit short. So far I have 6 on the FTP and Pangolin's Show Space. I now have 5 more completed and on deck that I wanted to hand out at SELEM whether I make it to the event or not (I have a ride and possible lodging but need to have a job or make some money with lasers before the boss will let me go.). Two of these shows were made to music donated from, I think, Ragdoll, via buffo, to be given out to everyone at SELEM; I was happy to make these shows for the event and I do not consider them in this request. This will make 8 shows for free; yes these two were made with my frames and will be exported to ILDA format for use on any system. I am currently making a "classical" show to release for free at SELEM for Sam's visit which will make 9; maybe not "classical" but orchestra music none the less.

For this LSO quest, I have 3 shows; one show I made for liteglow (thank you for the donation Filip!), and two other shows that I made before the shows from Ragdoll for SELEM. Of the three, two are beam shows comprised 100% of frames I created and can be exported in ILDA format for use on any system; the third show is 50% graphics and 50% beams and used frames from several shows included in the Pangolin show bundle and therefore are for Pangolin QM2000 users only.

The beam show for liteglow was made as a two track show with a main beam projector and two green projectors (one green to be mirrored) but could be used as a one track show. I have two ILDA files that can be imported as two tracks to your controller software. It is to a Depeche Mode remix by Eric Prydz called Never Let Me Down Again.
    Here is an AVI preview from Pango showing how it was intended to look on 3 projectors:

The second beam show was made for three tracks but again could be watched as a one track show. I have not saved the ILDA files yet but can make one with all 3 tracks or 3 files, one for each track. The Pangolin show file has 3 tracks set for different projection zones and a projection zone file or I can save it again with everything in one zone. The show is to the Beverly Hills Cop theme Axel F.
    Here is an AVI preview from Pango showing how it was intended to look on 3 projectors:

The third show that is half graphic and half beams was created as a one track show but could be made into a two track show for two projectors real easily. It is to a small snippet of a rave held at the Edge, old club in Orlando, back in 1993. I feel it would be a good starting song/show for a night at the club or party.

I must apologize as I did not make this clear enough. I used frames from several shows included in the Pangolin QM2000 show bundle and therefore I can only release this show to Pangolin QM2000 users. I am waiting on a call back from Hayden to see if I can release it to FB3 users. The shows I used are Music, Rithym is a Dancer, and Enya; if someone knows if these were released wih the FB3 let me know.

Please send me a PM if you are interested in donating any amount for these shows or to tell me to go F myself if you feel my shows ain't worth paying for. If I can get 10 people to donate $20 a show, and get all 3 shows... I can attend the LSO training... or 20 people at $10 a show and get all 3... ect. 20 people at $50 a show will let me buy around of drinks at the Pre-SELEM dinner. The intrest shown will also give me an indicator if I can actually make shows for profit some day in the future. I still need to make text files for each show for rights and all but that should be easy.
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 07-13-2011 at 09:06. Reason: clarification of sale goals and 3rd show usage...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

PM Forthcoming...

me too, 3rd show is a one projector show so this is where my interest goes.
    Michel

Lightbulb

Thank you to those who have shown intrest in this, and more, so far. I will glady take song requests from people for custom shows, but this thread's purpose is mainly for intrest in the shows listed that I have already created. Either way, keep the PMs coming!

To clarify, the two beam shows can be made for one track and systems with only one projector. Liteglow's show looks good on one projector and I made Axel F for one projector but then thought it would look better on 3 at SELEM, so that is what I made the AVI file for; I know there are some people out there doing shows at clubs with multiple projectors for "80's night". I have set my projector up to show 3 different projection zones and like the way it looks although it is a bit flickery...

Hello

This am also interested to have the shows ilda form because my soft is Médialas Mamba. I do not yet have too much experience in the field and I have mounted my RGB for my small mobile disco in the North of the France.

Very nice work the 3rd show is superb, wish you sincerely to find work and succeed in your project and I am therefore also for a contribution if this can help.
    2 RGY 400mw
    RGB 1 Watt home made 40kpps
    Mamba 2 & Quickshow

Thank you everyone for the PMs; keep em coming!

FYI for iPad users, I put a link to each video just above the embedded video in case the video is not showing up in the thread. I'll add a so it is more visible...

finally finding the time to put these shows up on the wall, they are great, love your work, if you have got more than i am interested !

Michel

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by michelrietveld View Post
    finally finding the time to put these shows up on the wall, they are great, love your work, if you have got more than i am interested !

Michel
    Thank you Sir! I should have a few to give out for free after SELEM; I'll make sure you get a copy of each.

If anyone else is interested shoot me a PM; I have enough to cover the LSO class and some food, but as of right now I will be sleeping on someone's floor or in the HIE lounge.

I might sleep in the back of my station wagon.

Hi Aaron

I wish I could go to SELEM
    But I can support you,
    PM sent