Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ISHOW interface defective

Default ISHOW interface defective

Well, I thought I would shed some light on the ISHOW interface...
    I recently recieved this for a club here with a 310mw RGB laser. The club wanted custom logos, So I built them.
    In ILDA mode and not using the .DDR corel files, the red laser refuses to blank properly. I checked and rechecked it... it comes from the ILDA Ishow interface.
    After MUCH HEATED argument, I was told that ALL ISHOW interfaces will not blank red in ILDA mode.
    So before I go postal on these guys for ripping me off, anyone else use an Ishow converter wit hthe same issue in ILDA mode?
    I quote "So are you telling me that EVERY Ishow interface and software will NOT blank or modulate the red laser correctly from the ISHOw interface?"
    their verbatem response "
    Yes, it is sure. all red will not blank if you use ishow interface. You can confirm with other ebay ishow suppliers if you don't trust me .

Rhea

Best regards!
    Rhea Xie
    Overseas sales
    Phone : 86-755-89514125""

Funny thing is , I cant find ANYWHWERE that this interface will not blank red....
    Please help!!!!!!!!

I hate to say this, but if you can get your money back and try to get a better solution I would. If you read around iShow is not the interface you want to use ina professional manner. The least I would do is look into getting another software applicaiton to use the iShow DAC. Spaghetti is the only one I know of but it is inexpensive and you can get it through the member JohnYayas here on the forum.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Yep, the I ran into the red blanking problem when writing the Spaghetti driver for it. It's not a problem with the DAC but a problem with the iShow application. The red blanking problem is not present if you use the iShowDAC with Spaghetti. I wish I knew who maintained the iShow DAC application and firmware because I could tell them how to fix it.

Default YEA!! I WIN!!

Well I was notified by paypal that I will (and did) recieve a full refund. The ISHOW software IS defective, and it was not disclosed on the listing used to sell it.
    So now I am still looking for a laser/controller around 850-1000 US.. Is that even possible?

uh, ya? you can get LSX with an interface for like $260 or something like that.. or an FB3 w/QS2 for $600 or so - you know, the same recommendations everyone gave you in the other thread???

Or a Moncha. It comes with a bunch of shows to relatively current pop songs.

Pangolin Quick Show

Easy to use and very powerful for a programme at this price level.

Demo here:

http://www.pangolin.com/_Files/Setup_QS2_Ev.exe

There are one or two other more powerful solutions around, but they're far more difficult to use for Live Play.

Pangolin are the market leader for a reason.

Should you need more power, then you can always add a Live Pro license later. There are also upgrade options and if you want to resell privately, its so popular Pangolin products sell nearly for full retail 2nd hand anyway.

Just out of interest, what's your poison, pre-programmed shows or live play / live graphics / logos?

Moncha is the best. I don't know why anyone messes around with Quickshow.

Of course this wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that you hate Pangolin would it Gary?

Moncha:

Quickshow:

Yeah you can call me fanboi Gary, along with the other 320,000 odd people who bought it in the last year.

You are entitled to your opinion, but we should be trying to do the right thing by the OP here, not by personal bias for or against anyone / company.

Every software has its advantages and disadvantages but QS is very hard to beat for its combination of Live Play power and ease of use. If you want to construct highly complex time line shows there are better choices, eg LSX I hear is more powerful but relies a lot on mathematical equations, or in the Pangolin camp LD2000 or Beyond, I understand Fiesta has more cue construction power but less power in live play and it costs more.

What QS offers is a very good level of performance / ease of use to price ratio, whereas some of the other choices are either less powerful or more powerful but highly complex to learn. That's why QS is the world's number 1 software in this price bracket.

..and at least with the FB3 you have the option of upgrading to Live Pro (probably the best live software on the market) or to LD or Beyond.

My personal recommendation would still be QS with a view to adding a Live Pro Licence in the unlikely event more live play power was required or an upgrade to Beyond or LD if more timeline power was required.
    Last edited by White-Light; 07-29-2011 at 04:30.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    and at least with the FB3 you have the option of upgrading to Live Pro (probably the best live software on the market) or to LD or Beyond.
    after doing a lot of shows with LivePRO over the last few years with my QM, I haven't touched it since getting QS...

it does most of what livepro does, AND does a lot of things LivePRO cant do which I need (like have multiple DMX frames running at once, and have granular control over DMX outputs, not just TTL)