Thread: New Projector

Default New Projector

Well, the Projector is 99.9% complete, im now alignning it and i have an issue...(What else is new!) The new red llooks and blankes Perfectly, BUT my green laser is doing some wierd funky blanking stuff..Im seeing tons of little dots in the blanking, The retrace lines are not fully blanked, and even with green off, i still get a bit of signal...It looks like noise, but the lines are clean... Couldd it be some kind of ground problem? Anyone ever seen this?
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Hey Carey., Who made the green unit?
    Describe what your using for a DAC board
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Lambda pro, Pangolin QM32
    www.laser-ad.com

OK, So the Projector is now working awesome.... Heres what i figured out....NOTHING..LOL well, if i attach the blanking output form my blue color channel it works fine, but the green color channel, noise dots, so, i though, hey my card is bad, so i grabbed my other card, same thing, bule and red outputr is find green is noise... so, then i try connecting blue and green channel togheter, Bingo, all is well.. So , i think, i have a level issue witht he green, and its rioght on the edge. I guess i should make up an opamp board to gain and offset all this stuff, juts no time, does someone here have something built or for sale like that? A 5 channel buffer board, x,y r,g,b with gain and offset, invert switchs? I have one for my XY input, so really 3 channel is all i need....

OK, So now, how does the projector look, well , its really Bright... Red looks good, yellow is greeny, and green is bright... I will need to add the second red VERY soon, to balance the colors abit more, im gonna try for a Minumun of 200mw of blue when i add that, maybe 300 will be ready by the time i can afford it...

The color modulation looks good and you get MUCH better yellows and oranges with that....
    I will take some pics of the Projector tomorrrow to post... It really did turn out Nice... Im happy...
    www.laser-ad.com

Ah nice...Glad you figures it out...
    I will look around see what I have around here that may help you..
    Sounds like you only need to buffer one channel !!!
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Cool! Thanks Chuck, that would be Awesome!! As soon as i can afford it, another RED is going in too....Do you do installments? LOL
    www.laser-ad.com

Did you ever figure out the problem...

Sorry, I've been real busy at work.. we are down a few bodies so I have to fill in more and its getting real hot outside,.
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF