Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Optima lens group buy?

Up to 20, with or without barrels, depending on price.

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    No offence but i was the one who discovered the optima lens. I bought them and tested them and shared the info.
    I offered my lenses to dave because he made 150 retainers for a nice price so that,s why i said that i,m happy to return the favour. I could develop the KIT because people bought stuff
    from me so that i could develop and manufacture the Kits so that people do,nt have to buy an expencive kvant. So the spend money isn,t lost at all. But i know how it works badger, if you can get an expencive laser with a price of 1000 pounds in your own country and on the other side of the world a chinese guy sells it for 20 pounds les you will buy that one. That way your
    ruin your own economy. But he who cares as long as you have your laser
    i suggest you read through most of the group buys that have happend over the years on here.
    all of them done to better the laser community as a whole none of them done at a profit,
    some have even lost money, we are hobby guys and one big famliy and we all help each other out.
    this is not economy ruining (sarcastic) stuff we are doing here edison.
    just a few guys playing with lasers as a hobby
    being arrogant with the i discoverd the lens crap is not cool ,so what you found a lens, if it was not you it would have been some one else that would have found it
    if you want to be a friend to the laser hobby guys then be like everyone else and do it at cost
    with a few % on top not double the price, people will love you more for it........
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Hey guys,

It might be better if someone in the states can get the GB for lenses happening. I think if I did it, the cost of shipping from optima to myself would make the quantity discount pointless. In return, I could do a GB for retainers - I have about 30 in stock ATM, but ordering more is not a issue.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I can handle it here in the US is no problem... You think if i inquire as a company i get it cheaper or should i do it as a individual.

Quote Originally Posted by hivelaser View Post
    I can handle it here in the US is no problem... You think if i inquire as a company i get it cheaper or should i do it as a individual.

Good one there mate!

Do we just PM you or will you organize this on the thread.

Cheers

I will set it up after i chat with Dave quick, PM is best, i will have a online spreadsheet... Dave please check your PM if you get a chance...

Are these just the glass or do they come in threaded barrells?
    leading in trailing technology

Just glass mate ... you get the barrels from Dave !

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    Just an update on the MOUNTED Optima lenses I have been using for several months. The strange 3/8x64 thread that Optima provides requires a tap that I was only able to source through Optima and results in a rather loose thread fit. The thread adhesive that helped to minimize this still allowed a small amount of pointing drift. It was not until I ordered (from Optima) a set of empty (no lens) mounting rings ($6 each) that when placed into the deep threaded holes as retaining nuts did all the lenses remain rock solid. If there is a good mounting option alternative, I would go that way.

Doesn't this make them rather laborious to adjust ?

If I understood correctly your post ... it would mean adjusting the "retaining nut" and then replacing the lens for every minute adjustment attempt.

Am I missing something here ?

Cheers

I am going to try and talk to Dave and see if we can offer lens only and / or barrel with lens options as a group buy, also shipping i will calculate individual per person on the group buy, since it seems we have people in the states, Europe and other countries. Everything will be shipped from the USA, Los Angeles.

New option is also if from one country are a lot of orders, i might have someone redistribute to save on shipping cost...
    Last edited by hivelaser; 08-11-2011 at 12:28. Reason: Added new option for shipping.