Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: New 4 Channel Highside driver

drivers received today

thomas i want to order 30 dual drivers please PM me
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I would like to order (1) dual driver if you have them in stock

I am also wondering if these are in stock. Might be interested in one if the price is right.

Get in line, there are a bunch of people waiting for theirs that they bought months ago... He isn't replying to any messages here, or on ebay even though he still had them for sale on ebay, he quit shipping or replying to anyone. I bought 5 on ebay thinking that maybe he was only selling what he had on there, but alas, no reply, so if you really need drivers, try Lasertack http://lasertack.com/en/2a-laser-dio...log-modulation he has them in stock...

Oh OK. Someone had posted in another thread the other day that these were back in stock so I figured I would check and see.

does anyone know the modulation frequency of Thomas drivers as its not stated anywhere?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I tested a dual with a sq wave to 200khz with just a little rounding. It looked "ok" up to 500khz where my function generator stops. Input matched output. ie the sq wave on the generator had slight rounding and the output was no worse. This was by no means a good test. It should do anything laser needs short of high speed data links. AND yes it also has those nice spikes like the other drivers until you do a proper subtraction on a differnial signal. I was measuring across the sense resistor to a rigol 2202 scope with single ended probes and then subtracted the diode side from the drive side of the sense resistor. That yields no spike. Also saw nothing spiking when the supression kicked on and off. Looks good and should work. I did test one thing to see what would happen. If you disconnect the laser diode and reconnect it without discharging the driver your diode is toast. I sacrificed two 660nm 250mw diodes to check it out. Pop. I didn't try it with a lasorb but I don't think the voltage would be high enough to matter. Maybe don't know.

Verdic: Good driver. Same limitations as most other drivers. Good enough response for laser display for sure. Might even do a slow data link. Still prefer the p3flexmod when you can get them as it will not pop diodes when you disconnect and reconnect but also no suppression.

STILL waiting for my 4 quads I ordered months ago. No replies to ebay messages or PM's here. I'm getting fucking pissed. Why is it every time I order drivers, the guy I order them from is a flake?

Hey Badip,

I bought a quad driver from you off ebay earlier this year.. or possibly in the late fall of last year (QuadDrive 1) and am just setting it up now. The 4th channel will allow me to set the threshold current but all other channels don't allow me to set the current. The first and third channel sit around 1mA and the 2nd channel sticks around about 5mA despite turning the trim pots a ton.

Any ideas what's going on?

Edit: Just checked the picture from the first page and mine looks different. I only see one glass diode and one electrolytic cap
    Last edited by macpod; 06-07-2013 at 20:28.

thomas, ive been emailing you but no response, im assuming your not getting my emails.

can you PM me i need mroe drivers?

cheers
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat