Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: New 4 Channel Highside driver

Andy,
    AFAIK he isn't replying to anyone. I have 5 that I ordered 2 months ago off Ebay that never shipped, no reply from Ebay, PL, or Email and have been asking him for another 20 of them. Also, Phready1 has also ordered 4 over 4 months ago and not even as much as a reply there either. Looks like Badpip took everyones money and ran. I still have one driver that I had gotten from him 8 months ago that came not working, and so I'm gonna find out if I can clone it since I really need good drivers and he refuses to reply.

Rick

Hey Thomas (Badpip).....FUCK YOU!

At least I got my money back. Thanks for totally fucking up my project.

I agree with Phready1, after talking to Gene, Thomas refunded his money on Ebay right away, so he is still getting emails, just not replying to us.

Apparently, I am one of the last who received one of the quad drivers after a lengthy wait and RMA. I have recently lost a couple of expensive IR diodes pumped by these drivers and so I am going to replace them with a pair of Wavelength Electronics drivers. Hopefully, alternative drivers will become available soon.

i received a large order from thomas last week, i have been in ontact with him only last week
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Without spoiling the surprise, a respected member of this forum is working on having drivers available shortly.

An interesting note to getting my money back from Badpip was, within 5 minutes of disputing my Ebay claim with Thomas - he refunded my money.

Apparently he is getting all the messages and emails and ignoring them.

Andy, If you talk to him, can you please ask him to send my drivers and reply to me? I mean really, I'm trying to give the guy a couple thousand dollars, you would think he would reply....

currently not responding to my messages
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I'm trying to give the guy a couple thousand dollars,
    Careful. With all the above posts this has the impression of a "not too good idea".

Without spoiling the surprise, a respected member of this forum is working on having drivers available shortly.
    Depending on which member you are talking about, I have heard this too. But, keep in mind we are STILL waiting for even a beta version on the promised Pangolin scanners.

I have officially given up on Badpip drivers now, and have a friend who is going to design a driver I will be able to get locally made. As for the Pangolin scanners, it's not that avenue, it is another member that hasn't posted anything about it yet. I think that there should be MULTIPLE options for laser diode drivers, especially a ready to plug and go option, so that's what I'm gonna lean to on my design.