Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: eBay Mitsubishi 300mW 635nm

Default eBay Mitsubishi 300mW 635nm

Hi
    It seems that there is no one talking about this ebay 300mW 635nm on this forum, so i thought I have to share this with you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-6...item27bde708ab

Datasheet provided by the seller.
    http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe.../ML520G71.html

Yes it is real 635nm-640nm, Some guys over the LPF forum are testing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Laser View Post
    It seems that there is no one talking about this ebay 300mW 635nm on this forum
    This diode is old news. Try searching here for the part number. E.g. Here's a thread where this family of diodes are discussed...

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...1P73-500mW-638

I take it you are the eBay seller in which case your post is spam.

so the dude registered 3 years ago to sell a diode 3 years later? kinda doubt it...

One thing I don't understand is why it would have dropped in price (from $300+ to $69) all of a sudden.

If this seller's legit, I may say bye bye to the LPC826's and throw together a dual 638... maybe even combine it with dual LPC826 for a multi-line 660nm/638nm red. Build shouldn't be much different anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    so the dude registered 3 years ago to sell a diode 3 years later? kinda doubt it...
    Fair point. Stunk of spam, might need to check my spamometer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    One thing I don't understand is why it would have dropped in price (from $300+ to $69) all of a sudden.

If this seller's legit, I may say bye bye to the LPC826's and throw together a dual 638... maybe even combine it with dual LPC826 for a multi-line 660nm/638nm red. Build shouldn't be much different anyway.
    Given the emitter size, I wonder how much beam would be wasted to make it useful for us, short of large mirror scanners.

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Given the emitter size, I wonder how much beam would be wasted to make it useful for us, short of large mirror scanners.
    well, IIRC its twice as large as the 445 diodes, so say 50%... so I would say at least 150mW useful from each diode without larger mirrors, thats still 600mW of 638 in a quad setup for $280 in diodes

and if you have larger mirrors to deal with 650 diodes, then no problem

No way I'am the seller though I've been here since 2008 :b
    Just wanted to share, you know It's unsual to find a 300mW of 635nm for $70.

The key thing for me is that the OpNext 170mW are still better from an energy concentration/beam profile perspective.

I do get the point about the cost though.

What interests me is that with the 445s, you can stack 4 4x1mm beams together. I wonder if you could stack 8 of these 300mW diodes together (assuming an 8x1mm beam is possible), run them through a reverse telescope and get a similar (or better) outcome to the combining possibility of the OpNexts.

One thing that's a selling point for me:

When you're doing beam shows, audiences don't care if you have fat beams being scanned through ping pong bats. They just want the show to be BRIGHT. And if there's anything that spells 'bright', it would be a Watt of 638nm....

As someone else pointed out in another thread: Nobody is going to comment 'Hey, that show had some lousy white balance', or 'hey, those beams were actually kind of big'. They are going to say 'Hey, that show was a lot dimmer than I expected it', which means you WON'T be coming back for that gig next year.

Beam shows just need raw power and can get away with some lousy beam characteristics. For graphics, you need a lot less power and some pencil-thin, round beams to make a nice graphic projection.

A possible way to unite the two is to have a pin-hole aperture which can be placed in front of each laser through an actuator if you want to do graphics and get away with some beam clipping.