Thread: Selem funding sale cont

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default Selem funding sale cont

SHAMELESS PARTS SALE FOR SELEM FUNDING.

VERY RELIABLE SCANNING:

Are you into analog abstracts? Do you need a remote scan head? Have a extra 1 watt blue diode laying around? Like the idea of using a galvo to make a multi-mirror beam table instead of actuators? Probably THE toughest, longest living, scanner ever made, and very, very accurate, with real ball bearings. Ask a older pro laserist and they will tell you there is a pair of these in a desk drawer, and no, you can't have them.

PAIR of NEW GSI G124s with big mirror mounts and two GSI A103 amps with adjustable damping. 50$ plus shipping. Amps will be tested/working, and like +/- 8 t0 15 volts power. OK to place smaller mirrors on them to speed things up. OK, so low KPPS, but these are the A-10 Warthog of scanning. 48' of optical scan angle. Probably could run nicely on 4 9V batteries for short periods for that "pocket" projector.

SCANNERS SOLD
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEDICAL GAS DETECTOR

. Spinning wheel with a hot IR source (Sealed ceramic Nerst glower) and dichroics feeds into a TE cooled detector that sees about 1 to 5 microns. Yes, it sees CO2, and organics as well as other gases. Hook it to a scope, there is a sync output and a analog signal, or just remove the detector and make your own system for looking for things like rocket launch detection or car exhaust. Remove the dichroic filters and just look at one gas, using the wheel as a chopper for the detector. Needs +/- 12 volts. This looked at a patients breath when in the OR. Three available of different models. 50$+ shipping (just try to get a cooled, indium based, MID IR detector for that) Don't ask me to ship this to the Middle East. Rumor has it a Sasquatch can emit strongly in this band, so find Bigfoot (He's really Elvis) with it. Its really easy to hack, hook up the motor, hook up two wires on the emitter, hook up the 4 wires to and from the detector, and away you go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conoptics EO Modulator and EMCO E3 power supply.

OK, this contains 6 crystals of KDP in a index matching fluid. The crystals have electrodes on them. There is a super high quality broadband blue and red polarizing cube at one end. (modulator does not do 532, sorry, something with the kdp cut angle) If you remove the easily detached disk with the pol cube on it, its a voltage variable waveplate. If not, its a nearly lossless modulator for red or blue polarized light *I've tried it with 488, 633, 640* 0-160 volts or so does the trick and the thing works well into the megahertz. (read video) I pulled a few of these out of medical printers that printed ultra high res x-rays. I bought these to do polarization flipping 3D laser graphics. You can use a analog power fet and a 10K resistor and make a very fast modulator, or just rip the broadband pol cube out and use it. 35$ plus shipping. The E3 is just a little 0-300V potted PSU for making things easy. (Did you know PANGO has a Z output on the QM2000? :-) )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coherent 200 series power meter, but has a LEXEL meter installed in it. Yes, I did some hacking, found Coherent and Lexel used the EXACT same meter movement. usual .1 mV per watt input, so if you have a thermopile head laying around, here is your readout. Needs nine volt batteries for power. 35$ and shipping.

POWER METER SOLD
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Variable density filter.

Looks like OD0 to About OD4, if your a holographer, or you just want a very nice, adjustable, way of splitting a laser beam into two parts, this is for you. These chromium coated disks cost upwards of 400$ new.
    Unlike the one in the pic, I'll make sure yours has no fingerprints. First one sold gets a mount as shown in the picture. If there is demand I may sell the second one. Good for other things, such as letting your DPSS run at full power if you have too much green. I use them in front of CCDs for making beam profilers. 35$ and shipping.

VDF SOLD< I"LL SEE IF I HAVE ANOTHER ONE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0601.JPG  

100_0600.JPG  

100_0599.JPG  

100_0598.JPG  

100_0597.JPG  

Last edited by mixedgas; 08-05-2011 at 14:25.

I'll take the power meter, I have a head that does 1uV per mW so that should work nicely

can you bring it to SELEM?

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Sure, it will make it to selem, one redacted way or another.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    SHAMELESS PARTS SALE FOR SELEM FUNDING.

Variable density filter.
    SOLD! .... PM sent.