Thread: Scanner gets messed up

Default Scanner gets messed up

Hi all,

I have a problem with my laser scanner,
    After it runs for a while it all of a sudden gets 'messed up' (video)
    I'm not at all experienced with lasers, so I was wondering whether this was some common bug...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzNsVwxkfUc

regards dirk

To me it looks like you might be running them to hard, or the amps are getting hot. Make sure your amps are heat sinked and make sure you scan angle is only 8 to 10 degrees.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

what scanner? the scanner speed may over high, and course self-protect.
    L.A.S.E.R.
    Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Laser system: Pure Diode 3W & 6W RGB Laser.

www.facebook.com/saifer.sy
    www.laser-viva.com

It maybe trying to protect itself.. but maybe you should check your DAC first. The size and distance doesn't look too bad for 8 to 10 degrees (at 30 kpps) however if you are running it slower like 12kpps then wider is also ok... however you should check your specs on the scanners.

One way to check to see if it is the DAC or the Scanners is to leave the DAC running while you turn the scanners off and wait for them to cool or whatever. Then turn them back on once they have cooled.

Also try turning down the size/amplitude of your scanned pattern. If it still does it when the pattern is less than 1/2 the size... either it is the DAC, you have some funny electrical problem... or your scanner (amps or scanners) have a problem. I think that would eliminate the overheating possibility.

Didn't have time to work on it for a long time but I've been able to correct the problem!

As cfavreau suggested, it was the DAC and not the scanner that got messed up.
    Turned out the SPI communication was a bit buggy, after switching to 1,1 mode instead of 0,0 it worked like a charm !