Thread: Any Bryce 3D users out there?

Exclamation Any Bryce 3D users out there?

Hey Kats -

Anybody out there a 'Bryce' (3D / terrain-modeling program..) user? Specifically, v4?

I have a fully-registered version, but if you ever change computers (even-if you copy your own, licensed-version onto another HD.. Or, as in my case, a 'new' HD that replaced my original one, when it took a dump last year.. even if that new HD is produced from a clone / disc-image..) when you go to launch, the program asks for the OEM CD for 'final verification' - it must read an invisible 'key' file off the cd, itself, and actually 'write it' into the prefs or something - Trying to use an old 'back-up' version of *every* file associated with the program (including 'invisible' files..) does not work to 'fool' it, either... My 'OEM' CD is in a firesafe down in El Sal (...scheie!

Any-chance, anyone here *might* have a Bryce 4 cd? Tho, dunno if even a 'borrow' would work, as I don't know if the 'key' is Reg# specific, or intrinsic to just an OEM CD, itself (...in other-words, it's just verifying that you, indeed, own a Genuine-installer CD..) I have hope that a 'loaner' might work, cause when the program starts, it *does* show my Reg#, so, it already 'knows' it's a legit, serialed-version... But, w/o an orig. CD, it won't 'start'...

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I've tried all my known-hax0r tricks.. guess I'm not much of one...

PS - Yes, I've already googled the heck out of online forums and such for any 'fixes' / workarounds / tips, and also, checked fleabay / online for used v4 CDs being sold... no dice... Only other option it to buy v7, which does not help me utilize all my v4 scenes and models - besides, it needs an Intel-chip Mac, and I ain't got one, so.... OR - yeah, sure - I can 'fly down to El Sal and go get my CD', thanks alot! :P

Arrgh...
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 08-06-2011 at 03:29. Reason: fixdeded spwewing
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

I have a version of Brice 2. It might let you recover your files. Yours if you want it.

Chris
    Last edited by Lazerjock; 08-07-2011 at 04:27. Reason: Removed key words

I sent you a PM... also I would advise against discussing piracy on the forums, could bring negative attention

I have a legit Bryce 5. I haven't installed it in years though.

Chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hey Sir C -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    I have a xxxxx version of Brice 2.
    Hmm... CD? Cause that's all this version of 4 needs to see, is an original CD, and I think it'll light... not sure if whatever they did for v4, was being done back in v2, tho, so...

I've also tried making a CD, with every-possible file on the Mac I could-find, visible/invisible, relating to Bryce, thought it might just be looking for a prefs-fiie...
    Bzzt, v4 didn't buy it...figured it couldn't be that easy, but was cheaper than a plane-ticket...

Thanks for the PMs... ttyl..
    j

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    I have a legit Bryce 5.
    Hey, now! :P Dual-installer? PM, incoming...

Thx x mil...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Bryce 5.5 was available as a free (& legit) download, not sure if this is the still the case.

Wow, Bryce.

The memories...

I'm amazed to see that someone's still actually using it.

I want to see pictures later. :-D

- Jonathan

KKK i use Vue 9.5 check it out so much better...

When I think of Bryce 3D, I think of old school AOL days with Punters and Proggies. Good times!
    - instinct