Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Satellite projector ideas

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,730

    Default Satellite projector ideas

    With my main projector build now complete, I am thinking of building 2 x satellite projectors to flank the main.

    I am thinking single colour, perhaps TTL modulation. A few questions running through my mind:

    1. What looks the best, blue or green?
    2. TTL or analog?
    3. Can I buy the FB3 alone?
    4. What power to suit 2 - 2.5W RGB?
    5. Will 15-20K scanners suffice?
    6. How does QS work in VLJ mode with >1 projector?

    This disease has a strong hold.
    This space for rent.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,589

    Default

    1 green (more lm/mw)
    2 analog
    3 like without QS? no, like all other pangolin hardware you get to pay for it every time
    4 RGB or single color? you changed it now, 1.5~2W of green is pretty f'ing bright
    5 for the price of scanners right now, no reason to get anything less than 30k
    6 VLJ wtf? lol but seriously I don't know

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    1 green (more lm/mw)
    2 analog
    3 like without QS? no, like all other pangolin hardware you get to pay for it every time
    4 RGB or single color? you changed it now, 1.5~2W of green is pretty f'ing bright
    5 for the price of scanners right now, no reason to get anything less than 30k
    6 VLJ wtf? lol but seriously I don't know
    Thanks man.

    "4 RGB or single color? you changed it now, 1.5~2W of green is pretty f'ing bright"

    I was meaning to go with my RGB main projector!

    VLJ = Virtual Laser Jockey - I worked it all out, the manual was my last resort lol.
    This space for rent.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,589

    Default

    oh, then I dunno, maybe 1W green, or some dual 1W (2w total) 445 projectors I guess

    and ya I know what VLJ

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    west sussex uk
    Posts
    2,279

    Default

    If it were me i would go with a 1w green and the cheap dual 445nm
    = awsome argon like color
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    8,647

    Default

    im with chris, 445 being so cheap and small id do both
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    im with chris, 445 being so cheap and small id do both
    Cool. You twisted my arm.

    Any rough figures on 532/445 ratios to simulate Argon?
    This space for rent.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    8,647

    Default

    who cares, its what they invented fancy software for.

    just get whatever you can afford
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,702

    Default

    I would just do another pair of RGB's myself :-D
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

    Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    who cares, its what they invented fancy software for.

    just get whatever you can afford
    ROFL. My mission, to build well for less!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    I would just do another pair of RGB's myself :-D
    As the supplier of 90% of my parts, I expect no less!
    This space for rent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •