Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silicone tubing for a Laserscope

Default Silicone tubing for a Laserscope

I am separating the head from the power supply on one of my KTP532s. Reinforced silicone tubing is used in the DI loop. I am looking for a source of 3/8" ID silicone hose that is not several dollars per foot. Any thoughts?

Lightbulb

Hi, Welcome to PL...

Quote Originally Posted by Krypton676 View Post
    Any thoughts?
    Use reinforced 3/8" ID silicone hose that is several dollars per foot. There's a good reason they spec / use that stuff.

I can suggest one other (proven) alt, that is cheap-er (...not 'cheap'), but, first, before 'Jiminy Cricket' will allow me to help, further, I need to know where you're located, geographically.. (ie: USA, Europe, Antarctica, etc..)

Cool name, by the way... 568 is also a great Kr line...
    peas..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

let the games begin
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Sorry about that - I updated my profile.

My goal is to eventually put together the coveted Spectra Physics 921 using my pair of 171 whitelights to get perhaps 1 plus watt of 676. The spec for a 921 Krypton is 2.5 watts single line 676. I talked to Brian at Cambridge earlier this spring while in CA, he said he used to have the SP cabinets that a 921 sat on, but sadly, they are gone. Just imagine, 70 KW and 7 gallons a minute to get a couple watts of red. You gotta love big ions.

one can only imagine there were only 3 built, I worked on all of them and they were no easy task..good luck with your project.

dont believe a word that brian says...tell him i said that personally
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Pat,
    You wouldn't happen to have a long radius Whitelight HR, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    let the games begin
    Hah! doncha mean:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Apollo_GameOn.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	26375

..Great to see ya back, Cap'n... we've missed ya...

My goal is to eventually put together the coveted Spectra Physics 921 using my pair of 171 whitelights...70 KW and 7 gallons a minute to get a couple watts of red.
    ??? ..aaand yer doing this by remoting yer LS-deck?? Kind-of a long-way around, doncha think?? jk.. Now that it appears like you're someone who has 1/2 a clue shoot me a PM and we can chat tubing...

Curious - why all the effort for 676? I can only-imagine holography (..or some other sci-app??) but why the 921-route? Can't just PB-cube 2x 171 Kr's for that? Surely, you could find some optics to max the deep-red... But, I'd have thought 647 would be fine for holog, with the right optics-set, and you'd have buckets of that, een with 1x 171 Kr.. Curiosity, peaked...

You gotta love big ions.
    Oh, yes.. we quite-do...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07299.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	174.4 KB 
ID:	26376

..ya ain't by any-chance in the market for a very-healthy badss Sabre WL, with nice LD-optics, are ya??

peas..
    j

??? ..aaand yer doing this by remoting yer LS-deck?? Kind-of a long-way around, doncha think?? jk.. Now that it appears like you're someone who has 1/2 a clue shoot me a PM and we can chat tubing...

Curious - why all the effort for 676? I can only-imagine holography (..or some other sci-app??) but why the 921-route?

I brought up the 921 to strike up a conversation and see who else knows about them. I also know it bugs a colleague when I talk high power 676.

[QUOTE=Krypton676;201543]Pat,
    You wouldn't happen to have a long radius Whitelight HR, would you?[/QUOTE

Im not one for chatting so...if you ask questions be more specific...do you mean a long radius of one mile or 1 meter...bottom line is i dont have either one or anyting in between. but it is helpful to be specific when trying to get accurate answers.

How long is a piece of string ( i know that it is half as long if it is folded in half)

i know 921's well and you will need to start off with at least 2 171's first, get one long ass mofo i beam and start drilin... hunk of cake...
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Thumbs up

Hey Kr -

I brought up the 921 to...
    Ah, I C - well, sorry if I came-across 'brut' - I guess I should have made the 'jk' (just kidding) more prominent... it just seemed like a strange 'gear-change' from the request for info on the tubing...

Anyhoo, I'll answer your PM on the other topic, but.. So, then... you are-really, or are not-really, wanting to attempt a 921? Don't have one of those 'I-beams', but do-have about a 15' piece of unused hard-core (6061) u-channel, slated for building 20+ position-tables... just... sitting, collecting dust...

If you decided to do something like that, I can guarantee you'd have quite a healthy audience, here in PL, glued to their LCDs every night..

ttyl..
    peas..
    j