Thread: New to laser world, received Laserworld CS-2000 but Showeditor 2011 to run shows

Default New to laser world, received Laserworld CS-2000 but Showeditor 2011 to run shows

Hello,

Subject Line should say: New to lasers, received Laserworld CS-2000 but unable run shows in Showeditor 2011.

I'm 100% green on this subject. Thanks in advance for your input.

Purchased Laserworld CS-2000 RGB. Arrived, set dip setting for auto music mode. At first on auto music mode only had vertical line. Contacted vendor, suggested I see if a cable had come loose in shipping. Followed the cable on stuck galvo and resolve issue. Now auto music mode works.

Downloaded the lastest drivers for the Win 7 and Laserworlds Showeditor software. Connected usb dongle, connected ILDA. Software loaded, under hardware it shows a Lumax device LX006ME4 as hardware1. I download a show from Laserworld web site. When I play it, the show appears on the software but nothing comes from the laser. At first it was missing an audio file. Got the mp3 and placed it. It still comes up as missing, even went to Options, show, select audio file, but the msg still comes up when I start the show. No Audio file found. I dont think that would prevent the show from running as it apprear to go through all the frames and displays on the PC what would be the show.

Not sure if I have a lemon that had some shipping issues or I'm missing something with my lack of knowledge. Spend the day today trying diff configs, rechecking cables. etc.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Last edited by cbow; 08-15-2011 at 14:55.

Hi Chris,

you have 2 options.

1. Find someone with a projector or oscilloscope to check the USB unit is working, USB/show software and ILDA cable to check the projector.

2. Send it all back to the vendor and get something else/refund/replacement

i know what i would do after shelling out a few thousand euros!!! Do a search for Laserworld on the forum and have a read.

Also might want to update your location in the profile so we can see where you are.

Hi cbow and welcome to PL.

You may want to fill in your location details in your profile so we can tell you if you live close to any other PL members.

About your laser and software, if you have done a search for Laserworld here on PL you will have discovered that most members here don't rate Laserworld very well for there product quality, but as you already own a Laserworld projector this knowledge is not of much help to you now.

You have established that your projector works OK in sound / auto mode so not to state the obvious, you seem to have an issue with the software sending signals to the projector.

Q1. Dose the projector automatically switch to ILDA mode when you connect your DAC (the interface box with your software) to the projector?

Q2. Dose the DAC have any LED's to indicate power or any activity from the software?

Q3. Can you project any of the Cue's that are supplied with the software.

Make sure that you have hit the output button in the software. It should have a emblem in the box.

I'm a Pangolin user so I can only give you basic pointers about your software.

Hope you get it sorted.

Carl
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

A quick way to check if your DAC is outputting anything is to use a multimeter set to AC volts across any of the key pins of the ILDa connector (e.g. 1+25 for X scanner, 2+25 for Y scanner. 25 is the ground and may be more reliable than the negative for each one in case you have single ended scanners)
    Although you won't see the true voltage using a multimeter (you need a scope for that) you should see 'something' on the meter which will tell you if its working. I usually use some push pins in the sockets of the output connector and then attach meter clips to the pins as the holes are quite tight for normal probes.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Lumax has a little green spy and a red one also, placed inside it. You can see them very very close to USB connector.
    Green light on means: USB connected and powered.
    Red light on means: laser is ON.

Enyway....

1) Disconnect Lumax and delete this file into your PC:
    C:\Windows\LaserworldShoweditor2011.ini

2) Reconnect Lumax and run program, if required put new settings once more (language, scanspeed, etc. etc.).
    3) Check following settings:
    - Option Menu: Hardware: Hardware1= your Lumax (LX006ME4), put the "v" sign into all four channels cells (A,B,C,D)
    4) Showeditor main window: open the sub-folder named "HE_s_TestBilder", into window at the right side must to be visible 33 different figures (test figures): after to select "Laser ON" (pink labeled cell) you try to play some of them.
    5) If up there everything has gone fine, load a show.

Music file is not mandatory to play the show.
    If software recognize your Lumax, then there is not any problem to run a show.

For more safety, you also check every pin connection of ILDA cable.
    Greets!
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

Wow, thanks everyone for the great suggestions. I will run though them tonight. I don't have tools for measuring but can check and redo everything else recommended. Thanks!

Yes, I found this forum after purchasing from LaserWorld. I will say on their part, LW has been very cooperative regarding the defect (original vertical line/mirror issue) and immediately offered to replace it when I reported the issue. They asked I ship it to a US center and they will send a new one from overseas.

Unfortunately, after digging around this forum I'll be wondering if what was purchased is what was received from pure specs. If I do find someone to test it I will post the results back.

Thanks again,
    Chris

San Diego, CA (update profile too)

Thanks everyone, I did not find the solution to my issue. Laserworld was good with me returning everything. Laser, cables, usb box (DAC?), etc. I should get the replacement next week. I'll update the thread with the replacement results.

I wasn't feeling comfortable with the product out of the box having loose cables causing even the auto music mode to require me to break it open. Everyone on this forum probably loves breaking these things open. I'll get there but not on my first go at it.

Not sure who caused the problem, maybe a US Customs issues, UPS Shipping, Laserworld packing issue. Hoping for a better round 2.

Thanks again

BTW,

Not so good for you Chris, but this should give everyone else a chuckle. In case there was any doubt about LW's legal status in the US, this poor guy applied for a variance with a LW product and got the variance, BUT they required him to get rid of the LW projector. LOL.

http://www.regulations.gov/#!documen...10-V-0269-0004

Quote Originally Posted by X-Laser View Post
    Oh man, that has got to be the funniest spot of irony I've seen in a long time, Lol!!! Poor, poor Mr. Tom, there... I'd drop $20. to see the 'movie' where he gets this letter, and then has a 'chat' with LW, et al...cue 'Rambo, Part X', lol... Oi vey....

Sorry for the detour, back to the Op...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Final update on this issue. LaserWorld shipped a new laser and all related parts, cables, boxes, software etc. The person I worked with was good, no problems with my return. He actually shipped the replacement before I had a tracking number on the returned product.

New laser arrived the Sat after my post above. Hooked things up and everything worked great out of the box, even the Showeditor software worked without any mods to my original install. Getting full color spectrum now. My original device I only saw R G or B and the images didnt line up, never yellow or any other color variation. New seems bright and fast. Now the fun begins. Thank you all for your help.