Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 400mw 532nm DHOM Analog laser

Default 400mw 532nm DHOM Analog laser (SOLD)

SOLD

Hello all,

I am working on a projector, originally I was going to use this 532nm module in it, but later on found no need for it as I got a higher power module. (single color) So rather then have it sitting here collecting dust, I figure I would pass it on to someone who might have use for it. I realize this is my first post on PL, I have sold a thing or two on laserpointerforums, and currently a member there. (http://laserpointerforums.com/members/gbd/).

If anyone is interested in this unit, feel free to either contact me in PM, or post in this thread. if I didn't cover something in this post regards the sale, please don't hessitate to ask.

I am looking for 350$ US shipped (in canada or US). International members would need to pay extra 10$. (shipping is tracked and has delivery confirmation). and I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
    I am located in Canada.

What you are buying is the laser head, PSU, and saftey lock keys.

Thank you for looking.

Make - DHOM
    Model - DHL-40A (400mw 532nm)
    Modulation - Analog 10K

Beam diameter at apperture - 2mm
    Divergance - 1.2mrad
    Transverse mode: TEM11

PSU input voltage - 120Vac-240Vac
    Green/yellow - Ground
    Brown - Live
    Blue - neutral

Metered power output (unit is IR filtered) - (LPM not capable of data logging)
    Test where done with TEC 12" away from laser, fan airflow from the head was interfering with readings, so it is directed away from the sensor by some foam. Laser output remained relativly stable, most ive seen it shift by was 30mw at 5V modulation.

5V at modulation input = 575mw peak, 565mw average.
    4V at modulation input = 446mw peak, 435mw average.
    3V at modulation input = 300mw peak, 290mw average.
    2V at modulation input = 155mw peak, 150mw average.
    1V at modulation input = 15mw peak, 10mw average.
    0V at modulation input = No laser output.

Laser head dimentions:

Base lenth - 5.25"
    Base width - 3"
    Hight - 2"

Laser PSU dimentions:

Base lenth - 5.125"
    Base width - 4.5"
    Hight - 2"

Unit has a cosmetic defect on the PSU,
    some scratches on top. other then that, its in the same condition as I got it.

Total run time: Just over an hour.
    Last edited by GBD; 08-10-2011 at 16:32.

Why not Australia?

Im a bit unclear with the exact law, but I was under the impression that lasers 1mw> are prohibited from bieng imported into the country? (I see laserwave and other companys do... I just didn't want to chance customs.)

I suppose I can change that and allow australia, however it is at the buyer's risk for customs.

Quote Originally Posted by GBD View Post
    Im a bit unclear with the exact law, but I was under the impression that lasers 1mw> are prohibited from bieng imported into the country?
    This only applies to hand-held lasers/laser pointers which over 1mW are classified as weapons here. So it's all in the labeling. Should be labelled as a laboratory laser to differentiate it from a pointer.

Modules do not fit under that law, no laws against shows or modules in Aus

EDIT: ^Oop, same time

Another edit: I think WA might have laws against laser shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    Modules do not fit under that law, no laws against shows or modules in Aus

EDIT: ^Oop, same time

Another edit: I think WA might have laws against laser shows.
    WA is inline with QLD. Shows are legal. Crowd scanning with over Class II is not permitted. I am sitting the Laser Safety Officer course next Monday. Then I will be bound to the AS standards.
    This space for rent.

Ok this is interesting that is the exact same Laser I have same power supply same key switch which I have the metal version to swap out I was sold the unit as a 500mw Laser From Meierlight on Sleaze bay I have metered it and it comes out to 700mw output at 5VDC only have less than an hour on it at the moment. Hmm wonder how long it will be putting out that kind of power if the system is rated for 400mw. I guess they can use the same power supply and put higher power diodes in the heads.

Default Vouching for this new member.

GBD is a respected laser forum member and I would have no qualms buying this labby from him.( but I already have my 532)
    It also looks like a lot of laser for that price.

cheers
    hak

@mmuhler - The system seems pretty stable and retains this power. Its not my first buy from DHOM, and almost all lasers I own from them have come overspec, and stayed that way. (Got one of thier 1W models, doing a solid 1.6W 532nms (DHL-100A model), had it for quite some time now with lots of hours on it)

@Hak.. Thanks for vouching for me, much appreciated.

This laser is sold pending payment.
    Last edited by GBD; 08-09-2011 at 16:09.

Thank you for the information that's what I have heard as well about these lasers I am quite happy with 700mw and hope it
    Stays there.