Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1000mw 532nm DPSS from Aixiz.

Default 1000mw 532nm DPSS from Aixiz.

Hey I wanted to share this spec sheet with you guys, since I'm in the market. I think the beam may be a little large, but this could be a good thing. The one thing I'm not really understanding is polarity of the beam, so if someone could explain, excellent. This unit is offered with 20Khz TTL, but I think analog is available. They are telling me a 2 week lead time for delivery, and the shipping is really cheap. The price for the unit $2990. (It used to be $3595, a week ago.)

Hi JayDC..

Yeah..Ive been noticing the same here...
    Prices are indeed dropping on DPSS high powered lasers
    ...at least the ones from overseas....!!!

Just how much cheaper will they get is the question...
    It seems like everyone and their brother and sister over there
    is making lasers...

I wouldnt worry about the polarization for lasershow use...

It just means instead of 100:1 vert to horizotal power
    It has its power 4:1 in verticals favor..

Most GOOD lasers have a linearly polarized beam ..
    mostly all of its power is all contained in one polarization,,...

HeNe's and Argons up to 1000:1
    Most diode lasers will have 100:1 or better...
    cheaper DPSS are much lower..
    Now...ones like the Coherent DPY-315 are 100:1

The higher that ratio is ..the better its use for holography
    spectrography..interferometry...and countless other uses..

Which pretty much leaves anything else only good for lasershows

I hope that helped..

*^_^*
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

So your saying that the 4:1 ratio is not very good. What would this do to the beam? Also, if you had the money, and the demand for such a laser, would you invest in this one?

I've been also looking at CNI's MGL-H which has a 100:1 ratio, ~2.5 Beam diameter, and an accession number for $10 more then Aixiz, with a slightly higher shipping cost..

http://www.cnilaser.com/_private/ep_mgli.htm - halfway down the page.

I just want ot make sure I'm getting my moneys worth here. This is a lot of money to spend, and I want to make sure I'll turn some heads with it, or my investor will get pissed.

4:1 is only bad if you use something that needs polarization. i.e.
    Holography or PCAOMs... if it supports internal blanking (and
    you're planning on using the internal blanking) then polarization is moot.

But, in my opinion, I'd so go with the CNI MGL-H before I touched the
    other one...

The other lasers Aixiz sells looks suspiciously like the internals from
    the Big Dipper systems which means if he single-sources his lasers,
    there's a high chance that 1/2 the power output listed is in the IR...

You'll also want to spend the extra couple bucks and make sure that
    there is an IR filter inside either of those units... Most manufacturers
    don't put filters on because past a certain point, blind is blind... but
    in reality, IR is actually far worse for your eyes (detached retina)
    than any visible wavelength at the same power levels.

One thing that intrigues me is the "Startup time"... 5 to 10 minutes???

I will make a inquirie about the IR filter in the CNI product before I order it. Thanks for the advice. Do you think it would be useful to spend a little extra on a low noise version of this unit. I'm not excactly sure what that means technically, but it seems to me, that the low noise unit would be of higher quailty. I really want to make sure I'm getting a great laser, I don't want to open the box switch it on and feel ripped off. Thats kind of what I felt when I bought my first "100mw green" from extreme lasers, it was a basically a hot lead light, and it seem to have more IR then it should have. I traded in for a supposed CNI unit, but it looks more like what Aixiz is selling in the 100mw range. It works good, and all but some times, and rarely at that, it will flip flop modes tem02\tem00...

Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of specs units, but at the moment I'm tapped on the resources, and I think my next buy its going to be a big leap from what I have. Due to the fact that the club promoters are asking for a brighter unit.

They want me to be whitelight by august, but I really don't see that happening, unless they show up at the house with a fat check.. Wouldn't that be sweet.

I have a lead on a 100-250mw argon laser (488nm), but it is a dental curing laser, thats use in short pulses, controlled by a onboard computer. Not sure if I could crack it open and make it work CW.

Just a quick question, how big is the venue? 100mW should be fine (if on the
    low end of fine) in terms of beam shows as long as you have sufficient
    haze/fog... I've done aircraft hangars big enough to fit a few 747s comfortably
    with a 250mW argon fibre coupled into two scanheads. It's also more than
    enough for graphics...

If you're looking for solid sheets of neon that completely block out the ceiling,
    then you won't find it even in the 1 Watt class. Heck, my 5-7W argons were
    nowhere near sufficient in that regard...

My thing about IR filters on chinese units is not entirely safety related... "Whos to say their 150mW 532nM unit is not 75mW 808/1064"

An IR filter to me is like a very small "Checks and balances" system. I give them an extra $20 and I have the peace of mind that the rated output is the frequency I am in fact paying for

As far as low noise goes... not really. thats good for holograms. Display units are "the largest number of photons you can shit out at any given second" So, save the cash and get 5% stability units and go for high noise

Ive got complaints about Extreme-lasers and that no-talent assclown "Bethelscloset" on ebay also, but those are stories for another day.

About "my" units, you will note that bethels closet sells them also. Guy thinks "hes a fucking genius" for figuring out how to turn a potentiometer and use a laser check. That aside, The units I had originally received had a 1watter in them and with temperature tuning, current adjustments, and a good heatsink I could make them shit out 275mW all day longThen one day I started getting readings around 400-450mW for no reason... Turns out the IR filter actually started failing. Great stuff there.

Two weeks later the diode started mode hopping at random from TEM00 to TEM02. As far as I can tell the diodes start to fail as the crystals are still good. Freaks now a 130mW REAL 532nM unit. Will be glad to provide docs.

Even the ones I didnt mess with started to fail and mode hop. So, I am off to find a new manufacturer. "Freak" is up for grabs at a severely discounted price. Obviously. I expect it to live a couple thousand hours of run time.

I now take whatever a chinese manufacturer states the lifetime of the unit is and subtract 2500 hours from it.

So, Found a new manu. Looks like he said "fuck you" to the entire chinese optoelectronics devision and started his own deal.

The two samples I received the other day are phenomenal. Real glass IR filters, perfect TTL Blanking, and heres my favorite part:

1mm beam at apeture, 1.5mrad divergence, TEM00, 150mW REAL 532nM. Looks SIGNIFIGANTLY brighter than freak did in its prime, And thats saying alot.

I know it doesnt mean much but this next part speaks volumes to me: The date of manufacture on the heads were last week. That tells me that this process he is using is stable and repeatable. IE he didnt send me 2 lasers he made 12 months ago that "happened" to be great.

Im doing a review of them and then will sell them off at "about cost" to cover fees and import costs.

Man, I can get on a rant. Back to the post:

The club promoters must understand that this isnt cheap and its a novelty that will bring people back due to the sheer hi-tech value of it. If they want you to be whitelight by august demand a big check and tell them this:

"Good, Fast, Cheap; I can provide any two at once, please take your pick."

About the argon: If it works and is the dental laser yadda showed me the other day, a Reliant 150M, then by all means jump on it. Argon is still the cheapest way to get a lot of blue light untill you start thinking about modulation PCAOM's are about 10 times harder to line up than a trichro and will cost about 20 times as much new.

Best of luck as always, keep us all informed!

yadd: The place is BIG!!! We hold about 2500 in our main room, and it takes up about half a city block. We also have about 10 High End systems studio spots, 10 High End 250's, a 5 pack of martin Mac 500, and 2 High End cyberlights. Not to mension the slew of par cans and such. Alot to compete with..

spec: Not it's not that reliant 150m, although I know what your talking about, its sweet and over priced, although I heard you can get them filled with whitelight gasses. It's a laser cure II or something along those lines, it has a key switch, and a couple of buttons for the exposer time settings, and a fibre wand on the end. The manual has some settings for curing the stuff they put on your teeth, and they recommend exposer times and power levels. Everything is between 150-250mw, but only from 1-7 seconds of exposer. So I'm not sure if it's CW power levels will be the same or not. Although I seem to think that once the argon is warmed up, and armed, some sort of shutter or aom gives out the pulses. I'm going to keep my eye on it, and if it looks good, I'll grab it, but the deal seems to good to be true.

Hi jay

The lasercures II are Reliants as well, they ran 300Ms in them...
    And even if it wasn't a Reliant, either way you only have two choices
    in lasers in that power level for medical use, 300M or 68B and both
    are very nice lasers. The Coherents like CR-52, etc, weren't ever
    popular for dental...

It'd be impractical to accurately "pulse" gas tubes, so I'd guess that
    they ran CW and has either an AOM or a high speed shutter in the
    output as well. Since the time's in seconds, I'd guess shutter.

[Edit]
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention... You can tell the two models apart (300M/68B)
    by whether it has an external PSU or not.... the 300M has an integrated
    PSU and tends to make cute devices, the 68B has an external PSU and is
    HUGE since the laser itself can go up to 2W with adequate cooling....

BTW this is a LaserPhysics Reliant in disguise as a dental laser...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Yeah, I think I'm going to pass on it. It's a shame, but I really don't have the cash to try to beat everyone out of it, right now. I need something thats blue and reliable, with the least amount of fiddling as possible, so I think I'll grab that 60XB if the guy will throw in an AOM, or one of spec's blue units if the time frame is close. I might have to go with one of extreme lasers 50mw blues if I sort out this deal I'm working on, just to get everything ready in time. I wish I had more time to aquire a unit, coz I'd go for the CNI white if I could get it here by august 10. If you interested in checking out a cheap argon that "works when I got it, but never used it", at least thats what the seller told me. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEBI:IT